Rockford Fosgate Audio High performance motorcycle audio systems, purpose built for Harley-Davidson.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Amp force update?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 07:24 AM
Andrew Clark
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harley Amp force update?

Is there a way to force update the firmware on the Harley audio by RF amps?

Old 05-24-2022, 09:59 AM
Rockford Fosgate
Platinum Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Hello. The amps can only be updated at the dealership via the Digital Tech.

Old 05-24-2022, 04:09 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,656 Likes on 5,191 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockford Fosgate

That is not a good thing.

The following users liked this post:
Andrew Clark (05-25-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 09:32 AM
Andrew Clark
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Rockford Fosgate
I won’t lie. This was not how I was told this system functioned. Garage ready. Plug and play and so on. I would not have spent the extra money for this system and subwoofers knowing this. Guess that is my fault not researching enough. I installed the system a month ago and made an appointment and first available appointment is June 1… what a joke from both Harley and Rockford.

The following users liked this post:
smitty901 (05-25-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 11:19 AM
Andrew Clark
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Andrew Clark
I won’t lie. This was not how I was told this system functioned. Garage ready. Plug and play and so on. I would not have spent the extra money for this system and subwoofers knowing this. Guess that is my fault not researching enough. I installed the system a month ago and made an appointment and first available appointment is June 1… what a joke from both Harley and Rockford.
well thought I would add to my story. I got the system updated and working. Sounds great. I have another issue now. Lost Apple CarPlay when headset isn’t turned on. Before I had the whim and three headsets I could use. Two helmets for me and wife. Half helmet I’d keep for emergencies. CarPlay worked all the time thanks to the whim. However now it has to see the headset turned on to work. So having my cplay2air for wireless phone hookup is kinda pointless as I have to have a charged headset turned on to also be wireless. Use to just get on and go. So if you update radio for subs. Remember this as you’ll lose the ability to have off headsets and CarPlay with whim. Such a pain in the a**. Also if you use the presets in the Rockford app, the bass and treble settings are effected by the gts settings so cranking the bass changes your eq settings. I was expecting the amps to take everything over with this setup and getting a flat eq curve with a built is dsp to modify and it seems it’s just taking whatever the gts puts out and modifying it instead of a direct connection that is flat. Overall it works but I wouldn’t spend the money on this system again. I’d get the radio flashed for flat eq and then do a third party setup. No months long waits and having to have the dealer get involved etc. It’s that big of a deal for me I’m switching to android and getting a wireless adapter for that and forgetting CarPlay altogether.