Rush Racing Products Performance V-Twin Exhaust — Providing the industry's most complete line of slip-on mufflers.

2011 exhaust info

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 01:34 PM
iron buffalo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryan
I have a 2010 Road King, Stage 1 air with Rush 2” slip-ons and a down load map. I get good gas mileage: 45 to 50 mpg. I would like to do something about the heat. What do you suggest?
Paul

Old 07-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The best way to combat the heat will be using our True Duals or any of our Full Systems. They are all ceramic coated inside and out creating a 300 deg heat reduction directly on the headpipe. Ceramic coating comes standard on all systems. A properly tuned fuel management system is also recommended with any full exhaust system changes.
-Ryan

Old 07-14-2011, 02:25 PM
iron buffalo
6th Gear
Question Black or Chrome

Ryan
I have a 2010 Road King, Stage 1 air with Rush 2” slip-ons and a down load map. I get good gas mileage: 45 to 50 mpg. I would like to do something about the heat. What do you suggest?
Paul

Old 07-14-2011, 02:42 PM
iron buffalo
6th Gear

Thanks Ryan,

Sorry for the repete.

Paul

Old 07-15-2011, 11:36 PM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a 09 Fatboy that I have been running the slip-ons with 2.25" baffles. I just bought the crossover full system with the 1.75" baffles. My question is why can't I buy the crossover with a 2" baffle to start with? I could only find them with 1.5 and 1.75". I have a feeling that after running the slip-ons with the big baffles, the new system might seem too quite.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:55 PM
HEMI Army
Cruiser

I have the 6120SL on my 10 Fat Boy Lo. What size baffle do they come with stock? What do I need to go a bit louder?

Also how do I get rid of water spots on the black finish of the heat shields? Seems like they are there to stay.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by av8or
I have a 09 Fatboy that I have been running the slip-ons with 2.25" baffles. I just bought the crossover full system with the 1.75" baffles. My question is why can't I buy the crossover with a 2" baffle to start with? I could only find them with 1.5 and 1.75". I have a feeling that after running the slip-ons with the big baffles, the new system might seem too quite.
The 2.00" baffles were not available when we released the Crossover Series. Our R&D dept. dedicated many hours to this project and determined the 1.75" baffle to be the best fit for the general public. We do understand that some may prefer more or less sound so we also offer the 1.50" and 2.00".
Please keep in mind that full systems produce different sound levels and tones than slip-ons do. It is difficult to compare the sound between the two but in my opinion the 1.75" baffle in a full system is much louder than the 1.75" baffle in a slip-on muffler.
Thanks for choosing Rush and let me know if you have any other questions.
-Ryan

Old 07-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by HEMI Army
I have the 6120SL on my 10 Fat Boy Lo. What size baffle do they come with stock? What do I need to go a bit louder?

Also how do I get rid of water spots on the black finish of the heat shields? Seems like they are there to stay.
The 6120SL comes with a 1.75" baffle. We offer a replacement 1.50" baffle which will quite it down a bit. Currently we only offer the larger baffle size for the CrossOver system.
In regards to the water spots, if standard cleaning will not remove them please call our tech support to discuss. Or you can take some pictures and email sales@rushracingproducts.com with a description of the issue. The heat shields are high-temp powder coated and should not discolor from water.
Thanks for choosing Rush
-Ryan

Old 07-18-2011, 04:46 PM
HEMI Army
Cruiser

So if I wanted go louder would I use 2"? I currently have a Ness Big Sucker and a PCV in addition to your pipes. Would I need go re-tune after switching baffles?

I will give if one more go trying to get rid of the water spots then I'll give you guys a call.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
The 6120SL comes with a 1.75" baffle. We offer a replacement 1.50" baffle which will quite it down a bit. Currently we only offer the larger baffle size for the CrossOver system.
In regards to the water spots, if standard cleaning will not remove them please call our tech support to discuss. Or you can take some pictures and email sales@rushracingproducts.com with a description of the issue. The heat shields are high-temp powder coated and should not discolor from water.
Thanks for choosing Rush
-Ryan

Old 07-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

The 1.75" baffle is the largest offered for your long system. We currently only offer the 2.00" for the crossover system which would be part number 7120ST. Definitely give us a call if the water spots don't come out.
-Ryan

Quick Reply: 2011 exhaust info