Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

My new 2019 Road Glide CVO

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 07:09 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,682 Likes on 825 Posts

Beautiful fade! Like the paint Chip Foose does on Overhaul. Now if they would just paint the heat shields to match. Maybe charge another $900 but what the hay, it's only money. LOL

Old 01-30-2019, 07:17 AM
CVOMAKO
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnut1
Beautiful fade! Like the paint Chip Foose does on Overhaul. Now if they would just paint the heat shields to match. Maybe charge another $900 but what the hay, it's only money. LOL
You can buy those heat shields painted. I love having a HD, so many options to customize. For me, I like the contrast of the black heat shields. You can also buy extended side covers. Always a way to spend money!

Old 02-04-2019, 08:11 PM
wiliturk
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mrgoggles
I just got the Ohlins HD 357 rear suspension for the rear of my bike. Wondering if the Ohlins drop in cartridge are good enough for the front, or should I get the full forks? Has anyone out there upgraded their suspension?
Did you go with 12" or 13" shocks?

Old 02-05-2019, 03:59 PM
joe98
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
Thanks.

I usually keep a CVO until it has 45K to 49K miles on it, then trade. That is what I did with my 09 SERG, 12 SERG, 15 SERGU.

My 17 SESG I knew I would only keep until HD made another CV CVO Road Glide as I do not like the street glide near as much. So that is how I ended up on the 18 SERG. I did have 21500 on the 17 when I traded.

Then this time around the Red Pepper, I just fell in love. Really was not going to trade for 19 as I knew my dealer was only getting one, and it had a deposit since the dealer show. Deal fell though so I ended up with it.

My 13 CVO Road King is one I will keep, its a 110th anniversary bike to go with my 100th anniversary bike. Also the 13 SERK is very built.
Dave,
The new bike is absolutely gorgeous !! Love the paint...bet it looks wicked in person. What bars you running ? Factory 47 or Vindikta ? Congrats ...

Old 02-15-2019, 08:22 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,957 Likes on 2,351 Posts

Originally Posted by joe98

Dave,
The new bike is absolutely gorgeous !! Love the paint...bet it looks wicked in person. What bars you running ? Factory 47 or Vindikta ? Congrats ...
Bars are Yaffe 14" monkey bars. They are my preferred bar for long distance comfort. I did run Factory 47 14" on my 15 CVO RGU, close second to the Yaffe. The Factory 47 were a bit wider and shorter than Yaffe of the same size.

Paint really is very sharp in the sun.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:46 AM
jekkil
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Time for another color

We already saw the blue one, the red one and not yet the grey one !
Here it is :-)

After some miles I go back to the dealer to ask for saying a bigger wind shield. The standard one is nice but just esthetic, no real use. The new one, just a little bigger is better. Was wondering if I should go even for a bigger one. But then it will be smoked and no more dark. Not sure smoked will looks as good as the dark one.
Response of the motor looks good. But I have to wait the break-in period is over to really see what he has inside.
Seat comfort is not exceptional I found.
I'm waiting the tour pack to be delivered, ordered bu it takes some time to get it with CV color.
Sound is .... should I say is there any sound ??
First thing to change will be the slip-ons, for sure.
I would like to get a deep tone, any advice guys ?

Also ordered the Vance & Hines FP3 that I will install probably after the 1k miles check (and probably the installation of the new muffler)

Concerning the the exhaust, any advice if I should change the full chain (head-pipe and slip-ons) or just the slip-ons ?
I really do not know what could be the consequence of changing the head pipe too.

last thing, I also ordered some mirror, because those ones are ugly

Old 02-18-2019, 05:15 AM
Mofo67
Stellar HDF Member
Received 802 Likes on 527 Posts

Congratulations, great looking bike. As for the mirrors, those are not the mirrors that come on a CVO here in the states. It might be different there but here you get the HD profile mirrors standard. Any chance someone at the dealership swapped them out? As for exhaust check into the S&S full exhaust with hi-flow cats in the mufflers. The mufflers are 4.5” and have a really nice deep sound at idle no drone at highway speeds but are aggressive sounding during acceleration. You can also use the HD auto tuner and wide band O2 sensors with the set up. As for windshields I agree the darker looks better but I had to go with a lighter tint to get the height I needed.
Enjoy your new bike....

The following users liked this post:
jekkil (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 07:03 AM
CVOMAKO
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jekkil
We already saw the blue one, the red one and not yet the grey one !
Here it is :-)

After some miles I go back to the dealer to ask for saying a bigger wind shield. The standard one is nice but just esthetic, no real use. The new one, just a little bigger is better. Was wondering if I should go even for a bigger one. But then it will be smoked and no more dark. Not sure smoked will looks as good as the dark one.
Response of the motor looks good. But I have to wait the break-in period is over to really see what he has inside.
Seat comfort is not exceptional I found.
I'm waiting the tour pack to be delivered, ordered bu it takes some time to get it with CV color.
Sound is .... should I say is there any sound ??
First thing to change will be the slip-ons, for sure.
I would like to get a deep tone, any advice guys ?

Also ordered the Vance & Hines FP3 that I will install probably after the 1k miles check (and probably the installation of the new muffler)

Concerning the the exhaust, any advice if I should change the full chain (head-pipe and slip-ons) or just the slip-ons ?
I really do not know what could be the consequence of changing the head pipe too.

last thing, I also ordered some mirror, because those ones are ugly

Pipes are all personal preference. I installed SVT BoneShakers, and love them. After my 1K service, I then installed a Bassani HeadPipe and a PowerVision Tuner from Fuel Moto. I chose the Bassani head pipes so I can use the stock heat shields, but you can also use the JackPot or FullSac head pipe. I suggest calling Fuel Moto for advice, and also speak with a local tuning shop if you are not going to install the parts yourself. I also changed the shield, put on a 9" Klockwerks, huge improvement. Congrats on the bike!!!

Last edited by CVOMAKO; 02-18-2019 at 07:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jekkil (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 07:49 AM
jekkil
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mofo67
Congratulations, great looking bike. As for the mirrors, those are not the mirrors that come on a CVO here in the states. It might be different there but here you get the HD profile mirrors standard. Any chance someone at the dealership swapped them out? As for exhaust check into the S&S full exhaust with hi-flow cats in the mufflers. The mufflers are 4.5” and have a really nice deep sound at idle no drone at highway speeds but are aggressive sounding during acceleration. You can also use the HD auto tuner and wide band O2 sensors with the set up. As for windshields I agree the darker looks better but I had to go with a lighter tint to get the height I needed.
Enjoy your new bike....
Indeed the mirrors are not the same as presented on the commercial pictures.
I assist the unpacking of the bike and it was those ones.
Dealer told me that here in Europe, for homologations, you need the one provided. I even asked him to get the one presented on the picture, but it costs apparently 250$ each here ! So no way.
I already order the Kuryakyn teardrop model to replace the stock ones.

I will look at the S&S mufflers you mention.
For the tuning, I order already the FP3. I like to have the interface on my smartphone and not having to be at home with pc and cable to change some settings.
I will see.

For the windshield which height do you take ?

Old 02-18-2019, 11:13 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by jekkil
........ loss of warranty
.... great looking machine, Jekkil, ..... the tour pac oughta look great on it
......... myself, i'd leave the rest alone & just ride the heck out of it

Quick Reply: My new 2019 Road Glide CVO