Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Soft Brake Rear Brake lever

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 01:48 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Soft Brake Rear Brake lever

I am a lower right leg amputee and was having issues being to get my foot on the rear brake pad. So after talking to a lot of people and also doing some research online and then checking out Soft Brakes website I had called Rick back in May and asked him if he could help. Well he had made rear brake levers for amputees before and suggested that since I only lived about 5 hours away that if I would bring my bike over he would make me a lever to fit me perfectly. And with me being there it would save on down time with mailing the part back and forth if it was right the first time.

Well I finally made to over to Soft Brake to have Rick build me a rear brake lever. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW.

So he went with his 1+ wide which moved the brake pad over 1" and then the 1" forward which really moves the pedal 2" forward and lowers it at the same time. I can now get my foot on the brake pedal and actually use the rear brake. Rick was great to work with and he went out of his way to make me happy and to help me with my prosthetic.

And since I was already spending money with Rick I figured I would try out his reduced reach brake & clutch levers. I hated getting stuck in stop and go traffic with that hydraulic clutch on my CVO. All I can say is Rick's levers make a HUGE improvement over stock. Well worth the money.

I also bought his extended shifter levers. We did a 1" toe lever and a 2.5" heel lever. Man I can move my foot around on the floorboard. Amazing. I'll get some pictures tomorrow of his shifter levers.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:26 AM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

What an amazing story! So glad he helped you out!!