Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Okay CVO Riders serious question

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 10:52 AM
laduckslayer
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say yes. I love my CVO, but in all fairness, my UC was a great touring bike as well. As a matter of fact, it was probably a better long distance mount than my current CVO. However, that comparison has to be tendered with the fact that my CVO is a RG and slung low to the ground. IMO, I could care less about resale. I have no intention to ride less to keep my miles down. I bought it to ride, the fact that it is a CVO anniversary edition is just better icing on an already tasty cake.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:08 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by SOCALHD
I am currently on an 09 Electra Glide Classic which I have easily spent 10k in upgrades with Bars 103 upgrade and more.
My wife and I do a lot of traveling on the bike and plan on a bunch more.
Seriously considering a 15 CVO as I have 63k miles on mine.
So my question is: are the CVO bikes good long distance travelers? Looking hard and moving to the new RoadGlide
Go for it. I have had Ultra Classics and now my 3rd new CVO. The Ultras are good the CVO is awaesome. Some of the older models had more issues but then again they can all have issues. The RG is very nice. Pull the trigger you wont look back.

Old 09-06-2014, 02:29 AM
casbar
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickatnyt
Lucky bastard....the CVO RK in '14 is brilliant and puts many others to shame. I'm finding me one when my next lotto ticket hits the numbers!
Yep, very lucky. Traded an 07 Heritage, got a good deal. Wife wasn't that impressed, but she is talking to me again now

Old 09-06-2014, 05:20 AM
MikeAKQJX
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
... And for what a CVO costs nowadays, the high mileage hit on resale would be astronomical IMO. Used CVO buyers want low mileage...

Originally Posted by laduckslayer
... IMO, I could care less about resale. I have no intention to ride less to keep my miles down. I bought it to ride...
Just a comment here... I just purchased a 2014 Softail Deluxe CVO. I had a ton of equity in my bike at the time of the trade, (and a dealer mishap that got me into the CVO - just couldn't walk away from the deal).

Before this, I was shopping around anyways, and I saw a 2013 Road King CVO on sale at a dealer close to me for $28,499 and it only had 815 miles on it (MSRP was $29,999). And another Street Glide (2012 Model like the one I swapped with ABS) was $19,500 with 320 miles.

On a CVO or any other bike, if I saw something that sat for 3+ years with very low mileage and price so close to MSRP, I doubt I would buy it thinking of all those fluids never used. If I ever look into a used bike, I want someone who put some kind of mileage on it. (3-5K miles per year).

Old 09-06-2014, 11:50 AM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just love mine. So many little extras that make the long haul nicer. The electric bag locks is a huge convenience. So nice to just be able to hit the button and lock/unlock all bags at once. The backlit hand controls are a really nice touch when riding at night. The stereo system is fantastic. The keyless "entry" so convenient. The heated hammock seat ($800+) and heated grips make cold weather riding pleasant. Obviously, the paint is outstanding. The twin cooled engine runs so cool. Amazing how cool really. You'll rarely see temps above 210˚ on even the hottest days. I could go into the full list, but it is these little things that really add up. 2 premium headsets included, premium bike cover, and lots more.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:44 PM
james117
Stage II

I Have a 2012 CVO Road Glide and thinks it the best one I have road so far.
James

Old 09-07-2014, 08:25 PM
SOCALHD
Road Warrior

Well it seems Harley is taking its sweet *** time delivering anything CVO to SoCal south of Los Angeles.
I narrowed my search to 2 choices; Burgundy RoadGlide or Silver and Burgundy Limited had to drive 80 plus miles just to look and make my decision. The Siver and Burgundy Limited is absolutely Gorgeous and my final choice. If my bike was not in the shop getting Warranty work done I would have likely come home with it.
Come on Harley get these delivered to San Diego

Old 09-09-2014, 09:38 PM
fireman9170
Road Captain

its the only way I go

Old 09-09-2014, 09:54 PM
william r
Intermediate

got about 6500 miles on the CVO, still can't keep the smile off my face. Best bike I have ever had, it is a joy to ride every time. It is worth the extra $13,100 for all the extras. And it will hold it's trade in value. All the extras you put on any other bike will not.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:28 AM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by william r
got about 6500 miles on the CVO, still can't keep the smile off my face. Best bike I have ever had, it is a joy to ride every time. It is worth the extra $13,100 for all the extras. And it will hold it's trade in value. All the extras you put on any other bike will not.
Beautiful bike!

Quick Reply: Okay CVO Riders serious question