Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2016 Freewheeler Highway Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 05:32 PM
Ronbo1
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats on the freewheeler! The more I ride it the more I like it. I'm still looking at which seat and what handle bars I want but it's getting there. I've attached some photos of the mustache engine guards with the highway pegs/heel rest combo. The wind deflectors (shown in photos) I put on kind of change the look I was going for, but the deflectors made such a huge difference in wind turbulence and front wheel stability at speeds from 50mph to 80mph I can't live without them! I've put a lot of thought and research into accessories and will be glad to share my good and bad experience with you.

Old 08-01-2017, 07:31 AM
foundryratjim
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I like it! Is the engine guard from Lindy? Who makes the foot pegs? Thanks.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:07 PM
Ronbo1
Cruiser

The mustache engine guard is a Harley part. It only shows black in their catalog but they offer it in chrome like in the photo. I can't decide whether or not to remove the black foot pads since the position just doesn't work for me with the larger 6 gallon tank. It is fairly simple to put on but read the instructions. There are two plastic plugs in the frame screw holes that have to be UNSCREWED not pulled out. Kind of tricky since there's nothing to get a good hold on and it's not part of the instructions ... Note, if you get one, put your feet on those pads when you're doing 60mph and you will instantly feel the effect of putting on the front fork air deflectors made by Jes custom accent. night and day! here's 2 more photos from more of a distance.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:29 PM
JAYDEEIN
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Ronbo1, JAYDEEIN here, I really like the look of your mustache guard and highway pegs was wondering where you got them from.I have a 2018 freewheeler want to get that setup. THANKS

Old 07-15-2018, 03:16 PM
Ronbo1
Cruiser

The mustache engine guard is a Harley part. It only shows black in their 17 catalog but they offer it in chrome like in the photo. I don't remember the part #. It is fairly simple to put on but read the instructions as you need to remove the steering damper clamp as well. Also, there are two plastic plugs in the frame screw holes that have to be UNSCREWED not pulled out (where the guard connects to the bottom frame). . Kind of tricky since there's nothing to get a good hold on and it's not part of the instructions. The highway pegs are also harley parts (chrome rubber edition). I highly recommend the ones with the heel rests for comfort and they fold out of the way if you don't want them. A bit pricey but completely adjustable for max comfort (for me any way). I also found that if you mount the pegs so they slant slightly inward towards the driver it will keep your feet from sliding off the end when on a rough road or just over time. One other note, if you do go with the chrome rubber style harley makes a cover for the parking brake pad. They don't sell it as such but it the same size as the smaller brake peg on other models (ask a parts guy that been around a while)... really adds a finishing touch. Ride safe and enjoy the new trike!

Old 07-15-2018, 04:05 PM
56flu
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A little pricey, but when you add up the engine guard and highway peg mounts. http://www.ciro3d.com/product/60100-...d-highway-pegs

David