General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD CEO's says

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 02:46 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,473 Likes on 1,412 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
I sure don't have the "silver bullet" that could solve their problems but I'd hope that their marketing people are at least considering a leasing program, .
They have one already. Every now and then I get the "Ride a new HD for three years, then get another one with just easy monthly payments" email....

I do lease my cars, but I pay cash for my bikes.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:49 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

I'm not worried. Twinkies went under and was bought. Now they are back, good as before.

The following users liked this post:
Cowboy Rob (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 03:00 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,103 Likes on 6,338 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by big papa AZ
I'm not worried. Twinkies went under and was bought. Now they are back, good as before.
Yeah, but those Twinkies don't have a shelf-life.
H-D's Twinkies are obsolete now.

Cowboy Rob (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 03:26 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by cacomly
It's easy for Indian to post a double digit increase in sales when they sell a fraction of the bikes Harley sells
Exactly. They don't for some reason, share the unit sales, so the percentage change isn't terribly useful information.

Or do they publish this somewhere? They are publicly traded, so you'd think that wouldn't be such hard information to find.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:29 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,195 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by Brewmany
Exactly. They don't for some reason, share the unit sales, so the percentage change isn't terribly useful information.

Or do they publish this somewhere? They are publicly traded, so you'd think that wouldn't be such hard information to find.
do they need to?

Will that information influence your purchase decision or cause you to modify your behavior? Probably not. It will just help with chitchat fantasy football and armchair CEOing.
it's probably buried in the 10k somwhere.

Last edited by cvaria; 02-13-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:31 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 542 Likes on 382 Posts

I bought 200 shares of stock at the iPo. I’m not complaining other than I should have sold in early 2001.

Last edited by bklynbob; 02-13-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:41 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
do they need to?

Will that information influence your purchase decision or cause you to modify your behavior? Probably not. It will just help with chitchat fantasy football and armchair CEOing.
it's probably buried in the 10k somwhere.
Need to? No. But it makes me wonder why not, and it would make their percentage increase (or decrease ) claims more meaningful to me, anyway.

It's not an entirely unreasonable question, IMHO.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:45 PM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,232 Likes on 676 Posts

Wait, indians are 30% cheaper?? Not where i live. To put it simply, polaris/indian is hungry and they have the means to do it. Its not like theyre a struggling upstart. They offer decent financing terms, incentives to buy their products, and a pretty good product. I called a dealer about a leftover 17 a few days back and was told hd will not amd does not deal on financing or price. They had a peace officers flhtk demo with a couple thousand miles on it. They offered it to me for "bottom dollar", 25k+ everything else. I told them to have fun sitting on it

Old 02-13-2018, 03:48 PM
victory11
Road Warrior
Received 700 Likes on 399 Posts

I don't have a horse in either race. I hope they both do well. Indian will never challenge Harley's sales but they can push them to build a better product. Just as Harley pushes Indian to up its game. The rider wins. In 2015 we bought my wife a Chief Vintage. It was a smoother riding, better handling bike than the Road King. This was her impression. We're not in the market for a new bike so we haven't tried the new baggers.

Shortline (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 03:51 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,664 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
I sure don't have the "silver bullet" that could solve their problems but I'd hope that their marketing people are at least considering a leasing program, and one that I'd like to see is a "customized" ordering system that would allow the customer to order "their" bike with any H-D accessory as well as specified handlebar and windshield height.
Nice thought but can't see that ever happening. My newest bike is the closest Harley has ever come to comfort out of the box per se. The bars are actually tolerable IMO unlike every other bike I have owned. That said, I am waiting for a set of 12" apes but just because I like apes. And it took me quite a while to find the bars with the specs I was looking for. Hope to have them on in a couple weeks.

Quick Reply: HD CEO's says