Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Reload this Page >

Has anyone had any luck using the rubber adapters on a dyna so that you could use a jack?

Notices
Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.

Has anyone had any luck using the rubber adapters on a dyna so that you could use a jack?

Old 06-16-2019, 08:59 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

I just use a couple wood blocks

Old 06-17-2019, 03:28 AM
FAT455
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And here I am hoping my bike doesn't fall while balancing on a regular trolley jack eeek

Old 06-17-2019, 10:14 AM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I used folded cardboard when I needed to jack up my bike. It was easy to modify if I needed a different size just by adding another fold or two. Plus it was free and easy to source.

Old 06-17-2019, 02:25 PM
SixDD
Club Member
Received 1,198 Likes on 787 Posts

They worked well enough, but after a few uses they became unstable, wanted to twist and fall over, and eventually they fell apart.

Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want a jack that will be able to jack your Dyna up and have it be rock solid - there's only one choice. The J&S Jack. URL; https://jsjacks.com/product/motorcycle-lift/
Nothing else even comes close. I bought mine about 5 years ago for $495. I just save $25 each week until I could afford it. I use it all the time for maintenance and for cleaning the bike (which is easier when elevated).
All the other jacks are crap and so are those Harley adapters - I tried them and they are unsafe.

Richard

Old Today, 11:17 AM
GREENOHAWK69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

^ Agreed.

Old Today, 02:27 PM
Bluesrider.df
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 516 Likes on 390 Posts

I modified my cheap HF jack for about $10.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: