General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about trading in my 13 RG,

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 05:30 PM
UPSGUY
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Thinking about trading in my 13 RG,

I have posted it on here for sale and no real bites and I talked to my local HD sales guy (bought 4 bikes from him) and I was thinking I wanted a 09-13 RK Classic but after looking and test riding my first choice is a RGS and second is RKS. I have had 3 RG and 3 RK so I'm good with either just wanting to know if anyone has wished they didn't go with a Rushmore and 107? I have a 13 RG with too much in it and looking for a new toy, I'm over the big wheel and music! I just want to ride!!

Old 01-23-2018, 05:44 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,232 Likes on 11,123 Posts

Isnt a Road Glide just a Road King with a fairing? Remove the fairing and install a RK windshield. Bad time to sell, buyers market, weather, winter etc.
You also have a lot of mods on your bike, big investment to lose.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motor...oad-glide.html

Last edited by upflying; 01-23-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:55 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,913 Likes on 2,812 Posts

Originally Posted by UPSGUY
I have posted it on here for sale and no real bites and I talked to my local HD sales guy (bought 4 bikes from him) and I was thinking I wanted a 09-13 RK Classic but after looking and test riding my first choice is a RGS and second is RKS. I have had 3 RG and 3 RK so I'm good with either just wanting to know if anyone has wished they didn't go with a Rushmore and 107? I have a 13 RG with too much in it and looking for a new toy, I'm over the big wheel and music! I just want to ride!!
You've done both the RG and RK so you know what to pick there.
I had an '09 Ultra, a '14 RK which was then traded for a '15 RG.
You'll likely appreciate the new RG fairing, I really like mine, and my 103 (2015) runs just right for me with a simple stage 1 AC/Pipes utilizing a DynoJet PV.
I can't comment on the 107 but I'd be tempted ! Good luck.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:59 PM
Rick58
Road Warrior
Received 325 Likes on 208 Posts

just wanting to know if anyone has wished they didn't go with a Rushmore and 107?
I thought all Rushmores come standard with a high ouput twin cam 103?

Old 01-23-2018, 06:05 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts

I've owned 6 RK's from Customs, Classic and Rushmore models and if I wasn't concerned with music - I would be jumping at a RKS. Having said that, I did want music and went with a 17 RGS and no looking back. Definitely one of the nicest riding bikes I have ever owned. Strip the add-ons off your 13 RG (very nice looking bike by the way) and return it as close as you can to stock; then trade it in on a Road King Special. You'll be able to recoup a lot of what you spent on goodies from the good ppl on this site. Someone's always looking for something and you know they won' give you extra at the dealer for the add-ons. Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
UPSGUY (01-23-2018)
Old 01-23-2018, 06:10 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

You don't mention riding an M8. Any good reason for that? They can be found mildly used but buyer beware, as I have told many people, if you are not ready to buy an M8 do not test ride one.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:34 PM
UPSGUY
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

I was offered $15k on trade and that's the only reason I'm looking, I love my glide but I'm just looking for another bike. I'm really looking for an 09 to 13 RK and will keep my glide but the dealer has me thinking!

Originally Posted by upflying
Isnt a Road Glide just a Road King with a fairing? Remove the fairing and install a RK windshield. Bad time to sell, buyers market, weather, winter etc.
You also have a lot of mods on your bike, big investment to lose.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motor...oad-glide.html
Point me to the shop that can do it!!!! I don't have the time or talent to do it!!!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 01-24-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:18 AM
CyGlide
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

I was offered $15k on trade and that's the only reason I'm looking, I love my glide but I'm just looking for another bike. I'm really looking for an 09 to 13 RK and will keep my glide but the dealer has me thinking!
15 on trade is pretty damn good. I think you would be hard pressed to get that on a private sale. If it was me, I would trade it and start over with a new RGS.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:49 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
Isnt a Road Glide just a Road King with a fairing? Remove the fairing and install a RK windshield.

Oh, if it were only that easy. . .

Old 01-24-2018, 09:10 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

Originally Posted by CyGlide
15 on trade is pretty damn good. I think you would be hard pressed to get that on a private sale. If it was me, I would trade it and start over with a new RGS.
Yeah, except that crazy good trade in will seriously affect the sale price of the new purchase.

Quick Reply: Thinking about trading in my 13 RG,