Sponsored by:

Pro-Action Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 01:33 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,570 Likes on 674 Posts
Default Pro-Action Shocks

Since the other thread got deleted, I'd like to open this thread up to discuss your experience with Pro-Action shocks on your Rushmore. I'm especially interested to hear from anyone running 12" PA's since that is what my SGS has and I'd like to stick with the current ride height.

Post up your experience with them.

I'll preempt things and say everyone has read enough about Ohlins so no need to post anything about that brand unless you've had both and want to compare. Everyone try to be civil

Top Answer

05-03-2018, 08:44 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

A lot of people ask why PA vs another brand. I can only speak from my own experiences but the moment I heard they made shocks for HD there was no other choice for me.

You can argue or debate this shock vs that shock or this feature vs that. Sometimes you gotta factor in the Company the Staff and how they treat you...... These factors might not matter to some but it does to me.

Here’s an example, A few years back I had a local mechanic work on my Sportbike. While he had it tore down I figured it would be a good time to redo my suspension with a Race tech Gold valve kit. He didn’t have the Nitrogen to refill the rear shock and instead of sending it out to a shop I took it over to P.A. got it filled and picked it up a few days later. Well later on the mechanic had accidentally released the nitrogen while working on the shock. He called and apologized and told me he was gonna take it to P.A. get it refilled and pay for it immediately.

Heres where it gets interesting........ I get a call 1 morning from P.A. They told me that my mechanic dropped off my shock wanted to get it refilled. They then told me that it didn’t sit well with them and they wanted to make sure my shock was rebuilt correctly. Their staff disassembled my shock and made sure the Racetech valve kit was installed properly and put it back together for me @ NO CHARGE!

They didn’t have to call me.... they didn’t have to go the extra mile to ensure my suspension was working properly. Could’ve just refillled it and sent it back right or wrong. They could’ve charged me for the rebuild especially since I didn’t deal with them directly in the first place. To me that speaks Volumes of the type of integrity they have @ P.A.

So when I purchased my set of PA shocks I knew I was getting the absolute best product and best customer service from a stand up Company that actually gives a damn about it’s customers.

Old 04-26-2018, 01:45 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

Yep..always happens once “you know who” pops up. Countless threads with lots of good information have been deleted because of him.

I’ll add this...I’ve been a lifelong CNC machinist (35 years) ..I do know the how to back off the nylon set screw in the Ohlins adjusting collar. It was backed out SEVERAL TURNS BEFORE TRYING TO ADJUST

What you are seeing is the difference in collar design, and the difference in the hard coated Pro-Action shock (which is HARD) versus the COLOR ONLY ANODIZE of the Ohlin (which is soft)

Last edited by lyork; 04-26-2018 at 01:51 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by lyork:
6bull (06-26-2018), load97 (06-04-2018), Zedbra (03-05-2019)
Old 04-26-2018, 02:00 PM
Webbie
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Why?

The thread that was deleted had a lot of good information. I am getting ready to order my Pro Action shocks and was following it very closely. Can some tell me why it was deleted?

Old 04-26-2018, 02:01 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Webbie
The thread that was deleted had a lot of good information. I am getting ready to order my Pro Action shocks and was following it very closely. Can some tell me why it was deleted?
Verbal attacks

Old 04-26-2018, 02:04 PM
Bunker
Stellar HDF Member

Received 464 Likes on 305 Posts

I had some 12" Pro-Actions on my 15 RGS and just put a set of 14" with 1" Lowering blocks on my 17 RKS.

I setup and rode them harder on the RGS for a more sportier ride (mostly solo on that bike). This time I'm going more plush and wanted the extra travel (majority of my time is 2-up atm), thus the 14" with lowering block. I'm about 5/8" (unsprung) taller than stock but now have 2 more inches of travel.

VERY happy with the customer service from Pro-Action (bought the 1st set used and had zero issues talking to George getting them dialed in).

I had the Pro-Action and the Legends on the short list for the 17 RKS, talked to DK and never go the chance to call Legends back (GREAT customer service from Legend too btw).

The stock on the 17 RGU (traded the 15 RGS in on the 17 RGU - the 17 RGU was a Harvey victim, 17 RKS replaced it) was much better imo than the 17 RKS and I attributed that to the extra travel so I figured the 14" from DK with their lowering black would be even more better (yeah, I just said more better )

I'm extremely happy with them and glad I made the investment in them again. I just dialed them in last night for a solo trip I'm making this weekend, rode to work today and think I might give the left side another twist down. Love how easy it is to dial them in, good stuff with good support to back them up.

The only downfall I can think of is you will now want to upgrade the front to match performance

Last edited by Bunker; 04-26-2018 at 02:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bunker:
DK Custom - ST (04-26-2018), lyork (04-26-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 02:05 PM
jdh10769
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i assume that was my thread deleted. don't see it any more. had a lot of good info but a few people took it way off track. didn't get to read the last page of comments. i am going to go with pro action but interested in this as i want to stay with stock height but if I'm spending money i am considering the 13in

Old 04-26-2018, 02:09 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

I’m open to answering PM’s as I own both shocks.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:30 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

For anyone who may be interested in seeing, here's a video Kevin(the K in "DK") just did a few days ago, cool watch no matter which way you decide to go.

This video shows the 14" Pro-Action/DK Shocks in action-

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Last edited by DK Custom - ST; 04-26-2018 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:35 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,667 Likes on 2,676 Posts

Also curious to here more from users. Someone said something about a 14" shock, but I don't see it on their website. I'd like to hear more about that too.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:45 PM
Covert Olds
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts

That other thread had some great info.

Quick Reply: Pro-Action Shocks