Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage classic vs a heritage deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 06:02 PM
Dennis M
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heritage classic vs a heritage deluxe

Can someone please advise what is the main difference in the two bikes?

Old 06-24-2018, 06:37 PM
ole_phart
Road Master

Received 580 Likes on 362 Posts

A thousand bucks.

Not trying to be a smart a$$. You can go to Harley’s website and do a compare of the 2. Heritage Classic has a bigger front tire, 114 motor available are the 2 big things that popped out at me. The Deluxe has chrome side covers that I just ordered for my Low Rider to replace the stock black ones. That alone gives it the edge to me.

Last edited by ole_phart; 06-24-2018 at 06:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dennis M (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 07:24 PM
Flstcjay
Tourer
Received 103 Likes on 62 Posts

Heritage comes with bags, passenger seat and pegs, and a windshield, and is now in a “dark” theme. Deluxe has a tombstone taillight and more chrome. Deluxe has a slightly shorter seat height, a solo setup, and whitewall tires.

The following users liked this post:
Dennis M (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 07:59 PM
dagnabit
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Besides everything mentioned above, the handlebar and riser set up is a little different as well. The heritage has mini apes which i really like. On the 17 and older models the heritage classic comes with a sissy bar standard and a slightly different exhaust setup that is a bit more passenger friendly if your ever going to ride 2 up.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:16 PM
Flstcjay
Tourer
Received 103 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by dagnabit
Besides everything mentioned above, the handlebar and riser set up is a little different as well. The heritage has mini apes which i really like. On the 17 and older models the heritage classic comes with a sissy bar standard and a slightly different exhaust setup that is a bit more passenger friendly if your ever going to ride 2 up.
Yup. No Backrest on the 18 FLSTC.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:57 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,004 Likes on 2,817 Posts

Just got a look at some pics of the 2018 FLSTC. What a butt-ugly plain Jane looking motorcycle. And they want over $20,000 OTD for that thing?

Hell my 25 year old Hertage Classic has ten times more class than that blacked out barge. I don't care how much motor the new ones have. It ain't how fast you get there, it's how good you look when you arrive!

Old 06-25-2018, 02:34 AM
stinkerbill
Road Captain
Received 171 Likes on 82 Posts

Horse for courses.

I'd never looked at the previous Heritage as for me they're too much 'chrome and tassels' - I much prefer the new blacked out 'post war' vintage style so much so that I'm picking one up on Wednesday

Obviously it's a personal choice thing, so it depends what you're after, style wise.

But, as already said, over the Deluxe, the Heritage has lockable hard bags, detachable screen, pillion pegs and seat, mini-apes, cruise control and the option of upgrading to the 114 engine, all of which will cost you a LOT more than the model price difference if you were to buy those bits separately (not sure if the Deluxe has the USB socket either?)

Chrome vs Black aside, the Heritage can give you the best of both worlds - take off the windscreen (3 seconds), bags and pillion seat and you basically have a Deluxe.

Old 06-25-2018, 04:06 AM
Another Old Timer
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Beauty is definitely in the eyes of the beholder...........

The new Heritage Classic fully captures the classic motorcycle look IMHO.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:04 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Dennis, sounds like you may be a new rider or at least new to Harley and thinking of stepping up or down, not sure which. If so welcome to the Forum.

Black and black and all decked out vs. Chrome and WW's and kinda bare bones when see them on the Dealers floor.

Others have listed many of the minor physical diferences but you really should do your comparison on the H-D website and at a Dealer. AND, test ride them both.

I went in to buy a Deluxe and due to circumstances came out with the Heritage and VERY VERY happy I did. Loved the black classic look the moment I saw it in person.

One little thing that hasn't been mentioned, IMHO the black with a minimum amount of chrome is easier to keep clean and looking sharp.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:46 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,382 Likes on 2,211 Posts

My 02 to all mentioned above.. They ride differently too. I test rode both

Quick Reply: Heritage classic vs a heritage deluxe