General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transportation from Las Vegas to Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 08:54 PM
Cammoarcher
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transportation from Las Vegas to Atlanta

After Sturgis, I will have the ability to trailer two bikes back to the Atlanta area. If you will need your bike moved in a enclosed trailer, let me know. Your cost would be $700 per bike. A shipper wanted $900 per bike from Atlanta area to Las Vegas. I can save you big bucks! I need to relocate the trailer back to Atlanta. Send your info on dates and desired drop in the Atlanta Area. I'm able to get it done at the end of August.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:55 PM
Stingray702
Road Master
Received 486 Likes on 240 Posts

Dude..just ride the bike..F___ that trailer

Old 07-21-2018, 09:21 PM
Apendejo
Road Warrior
Received 522 Likes on 295 Posts

If you see my bike on a trailer call the cops, it has been stolen.

The following users liked this post:
Stingray702 (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 10:15 PM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Sturgis to Atlanta is about 140 bucks in gas and 140 bucks for a really nice hotel room on the way. I think I would save addtional $420 plus the cost of the other means of transporting myself and just ride the bike.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:30 PM
Almostinvincible119
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

The guy is moving a trailer. I understand that he wants money and y’all may feel negative because he’s trying to capitalize on that (I do too).

He’s really just posting for those that if for some reason their bike needs a lift after Sturgis for whatever reason, he’s got an option...as stated by others, it’s not a great deal unless matched up against the shipper he’s quoted.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:21 PM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Almostinvincible119
He’s really just posting .....
The way I personally see it, he's trying to sell services on the forum without being a vendor. For whatever requirement there is to be a vendor that is.

If he was offering it just to be helpful it would be more in the line of, "Hey guys, I'm hauling my bike back from Sturgis (which last time I checked was no where near Las Vegas), have room for two more. Split the gas with me and I'll give yours a ride to Atlanta and you can pick it up at my place."

You know, be part of the community rather than looking for a way to get a free vacation.

Old 07-21-2018, 11:33 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Gazzalodi
"Hey guys, I'm hauling my bike back from Sturgis (which last time I checked was no where near Las Vegas), have room for two more. Split the gas with me and I'll give yours a ride to Atlanta and you can pick it up at my place."
I live in Vegas and have no need to 'check'. We are no where near Sturgis. If someone rode their scooter from Sturgis to Vegas, they might as well ride from Vegas to Atlanta.

I do sort of understand the OP's thinking though. After a trip to Vegas some extra money to get home to Atlanta might be needed.

Last edited by rjg883c; 07-21-2018 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:02 AM
Almostinvincible119
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Gazzalodi
The way I personally see it, he's trying to sell services on the forum without being a vendor. For whatever requirement there is to be a vendor that is.

If he was offering it just to be helpful it would be more in the line of, "Hey guys, I'm hauling my bike back from Sturgis (which last time I checked was no where near Las Vegas), have room for two more. Split the gas with me and I'll give yours a ride to Atlanta and you can pick it up at my place."

You know, be part of the community rather than looking for a way to get a free vacation.
good point. Didn’t really see it as selling a service until now. I just saw him as trying to get someone to pay for his gas + extra for him to drag his trailer across the country.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Cammoarcher
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow

Just posted the possibility to help relocate their bikes from Las Vegas to Atlanta. The trip is 1,960 miles and that's just city center to city center. Yep, not everyone just rides through rain or shine and I'm just fine with that. My truck and enclosed trailer will be left in Vegas for about 2 weeks after Sturgis. I will fly out and drive it back. PM me if interested...

Last edited by Cammoarcher; 07-22-2018 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Have to explain it better!
Old 07-22-2018, 11:31 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Cammoarcher
My truck and enclosed trailer will be left in Vegas for about 2 weeks after Sturgis. I will fly out and drive it back. PM me if interested...
......... who's insurance covers the extra machines being transported for $ ?

Quick Reply: Transportation from Las Vegas to Atlanta