General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powersport Superstore really screwed up

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 03:09 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts
Default Powersport Superstore really screwed up

So the story goes....

I purchased a set of Magnaflow Hitman mufflers through Amazon.com from Powersport Superstore ("PS") on January 02. Everything was fine until UPS delivered to the wrong address. Fine, they can get it and deliver to my house...but it took a week for them to "find" it even though they knew where it was delivered. After that it spend 2 weeks going from place to place and no one could actually locate it. I asked PS to send me a new set and deal with the UPS fiasco but they refused saying that they can't sent new ones until they get the old ones back. Well, after 3 weeks of waiting they finally show up and due to the bad backing job done by the first recipient, they were damaged. So, I do my return and get the box shipped back to PS. I called and asked for an exchange and they said they do not do exchanges, I need to buy new ones. So before I have received credit for the first ones I ordered a second set. Luckily these were delivered to the correct address the first time but the box looked like it had been dragged behind an 18 wheeler. The packing fortunately held up and there was no damage. So, the second set are installed on my bike. I checked my card after the UPS tracking showed that the mufflers were there a week already and there was still no credit, I call and talk to them and they tell me they will get that issued ASAP. A couple more days and I have my credit (01/28), all is fine.

Until Feb 19th, they issued a credit for my second set of mufflers. I did not initiate this, I did not ask for it and in fact told them after I got the second set that the box was damaged but the mufflers were fine. Now, being the good person I was I sent an email so they could stop the credit but apparently they can't. And get this, they said I put the wrong label in the box. Ok, for those of you who do not know how Amazon works, when you do a return there is a button to hit so you can print a label. This label has the correct order number on it and an RMA#. There was only one return done so there is no way that I put the wrong one in the box and I didn't order the second set until after I had shipped the first set back. Now they want me to call them and pay for these again.

I didn't have an issue with this other than the fact that they have been blunt, uncooperative, rude and outright a pain in the **** through this whole process. Now they want me to go out of my way again to fix their screw up while blaming me for the error. I actually threw out the idea of sending them back and they sent me a label just in case. I mean, I scratched them installing and they have been on the bike for 600 miles already...they can't sell them as new but I could go buy some new ones and install them without scratching them.

Or,

They could offer me a huge discount to purchase the ones I already purchased.

Or,

I could tell them to go pound sand since they have been such a PITA.

I told them I am considering leaving them on the curb for them to come and get, why should I go through the trouble, it's not like they went through any trouble for me and I am the customer.

So, I have a dilemma here.

I have the flu right now and the credit has not yet hit my card so I am doing nothing for the next few days. I am planning my next move.

Last edited by TexasMotorcycleRider; 02-20-2019 at 03:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (02-21-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 03:51 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,668 Likes on 1,660 Posts

IMHO, there's no "next move" for you to make.

They say mistakenly issued a duplicate credit to your credit card, but you haven't seen it yet.

Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. If they did (and it just hasn't shown up yet), that can be undone. By them. The bonehead you talked to might not know how, but it can be undone.

In your position, I'd do nothing. I'd also keep a close eye on my credit card account for the next few months and make sure nothing unexpected happens.

Beyond that, there's nothing left to do. The pipes are installed. The transaction is over.

The following 3 users liked this post by 0maha:
Iron lHorse (02-20-2019), JU2012FXDWG (02-20-2019), tar_snake (02-21-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 03:55 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,097 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Damn, what a total PIA...hope you get to feelin' better and have a speedy recovery from the flu...

TexasMotorcycleRider (02-21-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 04:14 PM
Mallard Slayer
Road Warrior
Received 4,157 Likes on 1,125 Posts

you will need to watch your statement for a long time!! I had a similar issue once with some firearm parts that I ordered went back and forth with the distributer like you and got it resolved only to find they waited and charged my card again seven months later caught it because I try to keep a zero balance have had hotels run my card twice a week apart more than once also!! got to keep an eye on ones money seem every one tries to screw you out of it these days!!

tar_snake (02-21-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 05:11 PM
Cogswell
Road Captain
Received 261 Likes on 126 Posts

People screw up, that's life.

You got your parts, you should pay for them.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:17 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cogswell
People screw up, that's life.

You got your parts, you should pay for them.
He did.

And then, according to his account, they issued an erroneous credit.

And then, again according to his account, he notified them of their error.

He has already acted in good faith and done everything required of him. He is not obligated to waste his time fixing their mistake for them.

tar_snake (02-21-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 05:24 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member

For what its worth, I've bought quite a few items from Powersports Superstore (via Amazon) over the years, and I've always had good luck. That said, I've never had a mis-directed or damaged package to deal with either. That's one of the risks with online shopping. When everything goes exactly to plan, it works great. But when something goes catawampus, things can really get sideways in a hurry. That's when you miss being able to drag the part back to the store, look the guy in the eye and say "You screwed up. How are you going to fix it?"

tar_snake (02-21-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 05:30 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

You acted in good faith, I would let it be done, but as others said..watch your CC account.

tar_snake (02-21-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 11:05 PM
OLD 96
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,233 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
So the story goes....

I purchased a set of Magnaflow Hitman mufflers through Amazon.com from Powersport Superstore ("PS") on January 02. Everything was fine until UPS delivered to the wrong address. Fine, they can get it and deliver to my house...but it took a week for them to "find" it even though they knew where it was delivered. After that it spend 2 weeks going from place to place and no one could actually locate it. I asked PS to send me a new set and deal with the UPS fiasco but they refused saying that they can't sent new ones until they get the old ones back. Well, after 3 weeks of waiting they finally show up and due to the bad backing job done by the first recipient, they were damaged. So, I do my return and get the box shipped back to PS. I called and asked for an exchange and they said they do not do exchanges, I need to buy new ones. So before I have received credit for the first ones I ordered a second set. Luckily these were delivered to the correct address the first time but the box looked like it had been dragged behind an 18 wheeler. The packing fortunately held up and there was no damage. So, the second set are installed on my bike. I checked my card after the UPS tracking showed that the mufflers were there a week already and there was still no credit, I call and talk to them and they tell me they will get that issued ASAP. A couple more days and I have my credit (01/28), all is fine.

Until Feb 19th, they issued a credit for my second set of mufflers. I did not initiate this, I did not ask for it and in fact told them after I got the second set that the box was damaged but the mufflers were fine. Now, being the good person I was I sent an email so they could stop the credit but apparently they can't. And get this, they said I put the wrong label in the box. Ok, for those of you who do not know how Amazon works, when you do a return there is a button to hit so you can print a label. This label has the correct order number on it and an RMA#. There was only one return done so there is no way that I put the wrong one in the box and I didn't order the second set until after I had shipped the first set back. Now they want me to call them and pay for these again.

I didn't have an issue with this other than the fact that they have been blunt, uncooperative, rude and outright a pain in the **** through this whole process. Now they want me to go out of my way again to fix their screw up while blaming me for the error. I actually threw out the idea of sending them back and they sent me a label just in case. I mean, I scratched them installing and they have been on the bike for 600 miles already...they can't sell them as new but I could go buy some new ones and install them without scratching them.

Or,

They could offer me a huge discount to purchase the ones I already purchased.

Or,

I could tell them to go pound sand since they have been such a PITA.

I told them I am considering leaving them on the curb for them to come and get, why should I go through the trouble, it's not like they went through any trouble for me and I am the customer.

So, I have a dilemma here.

I have the flu right now and the credit has not yet hit my card so I am doing nothing for the next few days. I am planning my next move.
Are these the one in Pflugerville,TX?

Old 02-21-2019, 07:44 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,381 Likes on 2,210 Posts

Originally Posted by 0maha
keep a close eye on my credit card account for the next few months and make sure nothing unexpected happens.
Few things
* Call your cc company, confirm the valid charges and they can lock the rest from occurring. It happened to me
* A few years ago I ordered 2500 in parts from a Corvette house. The parts went to the asshat around the block from me who also had a Corvette. The UPS guy didn't look at the addr, just the corvette boxes. Long story short, I had an immediate reship as it was a UPS error. The guy who knowingly received the parts sold them on Ebay. Now the mess begins. I have nothing to do with this and the idiot thinks I narc'ed on him.. Guess the rest.. $hit happens.. life goes on..

tar_snake (02-21-2019)

Quick Reply: Powersport Superstore really screwed up