Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G2 Ergonomics 1/4 turn throttle

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 09:48 PM
Dyna100
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts
Default G2 Ergonomics 1/4 turn throttle

Anyone install this on their bike ? I did a search and didn't find anything. I've used these on dirt bikes and liked them. I'm a little concerned it might make the throttle a little twitchy. Appreciate any input.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:23 AM
Mutineer
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyna100
Anyone install this on their bike ? I did a search and didn't find anything. I've used these on dirt bikes and liked them. I'm a little concerned it might make the throttle a little twitchy. Appreciate any input.

@F86 has the G2 Ergnomics throttle tube on his bike. Here's what he had told me in the past:
Originally Posted by F86
I've had this G2 1/4 turn throttle tube for a couple of years now:

https://www.g2ergo.com/store/harley-...o-grip-option/

I have absolutely no complaints with it. I was slightly nervous before getting it that it may be too abrupt at slight throttle openings, but it's completely fine. Now I can't imagine how crummy it would feel without it. One thing to keep in mind: Since the cables connect directly to the tube, you can only use "conventional" grips, rather than "Harley" grips that hold the cables directly. Not a big deal, there are tons of options. But OEM won't work. Biltwell, Lowbrow, Avon, Joker Machine... Lots of people make compatible grips.

Of course, all of my info pertains to my carbureted bike, but I would think results would be similar with FI.
Link to post:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...l#post18097262

The following users liked this post:
Dyna100 (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 10:41 AM
Dyna100
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mutineer
@F86 has the G2 Ergnomics throttle tube on his bike. Here's what he had told me in the past:

Link to post:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...l#post18097262
Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:08 PM
Mutineer
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Happy to help me dude. Post up a review and video if possible. Im sure it would help many others, too.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:58 PM
Dyna100
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mutineer
Happy to help me dude. Post up a review and video if possible. Im sure it would help many others, too.
Will do. Might be a month or two as I just finished up the engine build and I'm doing more riding than wrenching.

Old 05-21-2019, 03:37 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Hey Mutineer, thanks for posting my old post! I'm on my phone and hate trying to type long things... I was looking for that to repost here, but couldn't remember which thread it was in.

Dyna100: Nothing more to add, really... What I said before sums it up. I'm super happy with it! I'm sure it would feel weird and unresponsive without it, now that I've had it for awhile.

No complaints from me at all! Just remember you need grips intended for use with a separate tube.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:17 PM
Dyna100
Tourer

Originally Posted by F86
Hey Mutineer, thanks for posting my old post! I'm on my phone and hate trying to type long things... I was looking for that to repost here, but couldn't remember which thread it was in.

Dyna100: Nothing more to add, really... What I said before sums it up. I'm super happy with it! I'm sure it would feel weird and unresponsive without it, now that I've had it for awhile.

No complaints from me at all! Just remember you need grips intended for use with a separate tube.
Thanks. I'm missing a couple fingers on my right hand, so it requires more effort than normal to control the throttle. re-positioning my hand to achieve full throttle is a real chore.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:02 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks. I'm missing a couple fingers on my right hand, so it requires more effort than normal to control the throttle. re-positioning my hand to achieve full throttle is a real chore.
That makes sense. I think this would probably help.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:00 PM
Dyna100
Tourer

Originally Posted by F86

Any particular grip you'd recommend ? I ordered the throttle tube yesterday from Speed Merchants.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:29 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member

Any particular grip you'd recommend ? I ordered the throttle tube yesterday from Speed Merchants.
Hmm... Kind of a personal choice. Biltwell, Low Brow Customs and Avon all make a bunch of different 1" grips for bikes with a throttle tube. I've been using Biltwell lately. They're inexpensive and have lots of nice designs, although they don't last a super long time.

The following users liked this post:
Dyna100 (05-22-2019)

Quick Reply: G2 Ergonomics 1/4 turn throttle