Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

Ohlin's backorder ay 2024?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 03:42 PM
WearyOne
Cruiser
Received 152 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Ohlin's backorder ay 2024?

Can anyone comment if they are seeing backorder status on Ohlins parts right now. I have asked a larger suspension shop to get me a 503 and a set of FKS-222.for my softail. Springs for my weight and riding. Is Ohlins still behind on shipments specifically on rear shocks and front springs for different weight riders?.

Local dealer has the screaming eagle front and rear setup in stock but I have not really looked to see what spring rates they ship with and if it is a progressive spring or not. Both are about the same price.

Old 05-20-2024, 05:21 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,580 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Originally Posted by WearyOne
Can anyone comment if they are seeing backorder status on Ohlins parts right now.
@WearyOne Here's the phone number for Ohlins USA.
828-692-4525
Give them a call and let us know.

https://www.ohlinsusa.com/

Old 05-21-2024, 08:54 AM
Candubrain
Road Captain
Received 154 Likes on 81 Posts

I had the same issue last year, after waiting 4 months and no update I cancelled my Ohlins order and purchased the SE Ohlins rear and fork kits for my 2018 HC.
Don't know about the spring rates, but I can tell you no issues with preload for my 205lb naked weight following the set up chart.

With about 10 lbs in the saddlebags my rear preload is set at 11 turns in, I backed off the rear rebound 1 click from factory and the compression I normally leave at factory (11 clicks from closed) but adjust on the fly based on road conditions. The Front preload is at 9 turns from minimum, compression is at 13 and rebound at 15. Both dampening settings I reduced by 1 click from recommended to soften the front end which I found too harsh, 2 clicks was way too much making the bike bouncy, minus 1 click is a good compromise unless I'm pushing hard on a high speed sweeper, then the bike feels too loose......but those moments are rare.

Good luck
brian

Old 05-21-2024, 01:57 PM
WearyOne
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Candubrain
I had the same issue last year, after waiting 4 months and no update I cancelled my Ohlins order and purchased the SE Ohlins rear and fork kits for my 2018 HC.
Don't know about the spring rates, but I can tell you no issues with preload for my 205lb naked weight following the set up chart.

With about 10 lbs in the saddlebags my rear preload is set at 11 turns in, I backed off the rear rebound 1 click from factory and the compression I normally leave at factory (11 clicks from closed) but adjust on the fly based on road conditions. The Front preload is at 9 turns from minimum, compression is at 13 and rebound at 15. Both dampening settings I reduced by 1 click from recommended to soften the front end which I found too harsh, 2 clicks was way too much making the bike bouncy, minus 1 click is a good compromise unless I'm pushing hard on a high speed sweeper, then the bike feels too loose......but those moments are rare.

Good luck
brian
Seriously thank you.

Have some time this afternoon to call Ohlins but I am about the same weight as you in gear and at least I have that option. I could care less about the rear shock but the front end wanders on my in high speed turns and it bobs up and down under braking and I hate it.

Old 05-23-2024, 07:22 PM
WearyOne
Cruiser

Well after calling around and nobody really having the 503 in stock and talking with someone local who has the same setup I dropped the cash this morning and got the full SE front and rear setup.

Already have the rear installed took ~2 hours being extra careful and cleaning the bike a bit as I did the work. The front is going to take me all of tomorrow to do for sure. No test ride review or anything going to take me at least a few tanks of fuel to get it dialed in and then I will post my settings and weights for others to at least have a good starting point. The *** of the bike is so much higher now with the 13.1 shock over the 12.5 inch and it feels much better just sitting at a light at my height especially after giving up my touring bike. With the big tire it look interesting, kind of club dyna from the rear if you squint and ignore the tire width.

The following users liked this post:
Candubrain (05-23-2024)