Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 01:56 PM
oldfrtbkr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna vibration

'06 Dyna Super Glide, runs great up about 70 mph and then that vibrating massage sets in. Anyone else having the problem?

Old 04-18-2006, 02:20 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Dyna vibration

im having it at 50 to 60mph

Old 04-18-2006, 02:22 PM
oldfrtbkr
Cruiser

Any comment from the dealer?

Old 04-18-2006, 02:25 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

no they wont do anytning cause im at 930 miles and they want to look at it at the 1000 mile servise i guess they got me. i did tighten up the rear motor mount by the tranny about a half a turn but havent rode it yet.Evrything else is tight

Old 04-18-2006, 02:42 PM
tarathatcher
Tourer

Mine's a vibratin machine It also sounds like a sewing maching while I am riding. I'll be having them check it all out at the 1000 mile service. I've got about 700 miles on it now.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:39 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I gotta be honest...on my wide glide with the mini-apes, and the feet forward position, I'm as comfortable as could be..until I hit about 65. At that point, considering I don't have a windshield, I'm being blown all over the place. I wouldn't even notice a vibration if I had one. I do very little highway riding, so it's not really an issue right now.
However, you mentioned the rear motor mount. I've been hearing all kinds of things about these things coming loose. I've checked the ones on the top (left) side and they were tight. I'd love to know the locations for all the other motor mounts. I assume the bolts under the voltage regulator are mounts...is that correct? Now you've mentioned mounts behind the tranny...Could someone please elaborate on that a little more...where, exactly is that mount, and is it pretty easy to reach to make sure it's tight?

Thanks a lot.

Todd

The following users liked this post:
Thomas L. Malone (03-26-2020)
Old 04-18-2006, 03:54 PM
DCRANER
Tourer

Some of this vibration / buzz feeling may be due to these EFI bikes running very lean.

My 05 FXDWGI, with exhaust & Stage 1 download is still very lean, and I mostly get the "buzz" in the hot weather. When it is cold / heavy air it is not bad at all, and I think in that situation the ECM has richened up the mixture, then leans it out for warm / light air.

A DFO, PC III, or SERTdyno tune may fix some of this. Just a thought.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:54 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

its behind the lower belt guard you can reach it with a 9/16 open ended wrench

Old 04-18-2006, 04:03 PM
jhampshire
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gentlemen,

My 2002 5 speed super glide gets really SMOOTH at 70 mph which is around 3100 RPM. I think the twin cam runs best above 3000 RPM. I heard from an early 6 speed owner that the new ratios put the motor in a rough rpm range at around 65-70 mph. The easiest fix would be to change the front sprocket to a smaller diameter, probably 30 or 32 teeth. This would raise the RPM at any speed by about 6 percent. I think the 6 speed ratio choices are a mistake and I bet H-D will change the final drive to raise RPM to a more friendly range at highway speeds. My 2 cents

The following users liked this post:
dysfunction1 (05-26-2019)
Old 04-18-2006, 04:31 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

I have the pc11 and it runs great someone tell me this is running at 50 and 55 mph in fith gear lugging the engine. cause when im in fith and running 50 to 55 it just shakes so bad its like im lugging the engine.but if the speed limit is 50 or 55 if i run in fouth gear aint i gonna use up my fuel and get crapy gas milage?

Quick Reply: Dyna vibration