Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped tins off for paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 06:12 PM
tagalongtrouble
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like it could fly-literally-reminds me of an attack bomber. Clip-ons bars are boss. Never would have believed it.....excellent vision brought to fruition.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:34 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Alain, the paint looks fantastic but those clip ons make my double hernia hurt just looking at them.

Congrats on getting it all put back together but just remember it is NEVER finished.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:02 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Listen here Smirky Maximus......

....its AWESOME>......Its different....and that makes it even more awesome.....I love it.....the blue frame kills dude......

Well done....
Thanks dude!! Having a different look to it was part of my goal. You doin that exile primary?

Originally Posted by Pigbacon
Very Nice! I agree the handlebars look nonexistent. I think its just the color though, I believe chrome would look better with silver.
Now that you mention it, chrome switch caps might be needed to break up the black hand controls and make them come to life.

Originally Posted by Sarah93003
Alain, I've been following your thread for quite a while and I really like the direction it's been going. For starters, I'd give yourself a week or two to get used to looking at it before making any drastic changes. Certain aspects will grow on you especially since your mind is used to seeing it in a different way.

I like the clip ons just they way you have them. Any bike will get a 360 view when people check it out and the bars won't get lost. I think the spoiler looks just fine in silver and doesn't get lost to my eyes. I'm afraid if you paint the plastic pieces of the spoiler that surround the lower frame then the look is going to get cut off. In other words, your blue frame at this point kind of creates a circular affect around your engine. If the bottom plastic parts get painted silver then it's going to look like it has no "bottom".

If it were my bike I think I'd add some blue pin striping on the tank and fenders to compliment the blue of the frame. I think it would tie it all together. I would raise the front of the tank 2 to 2 1/2 inches to line it up with your seat (as long as it doesn't interfere with the bars, or add risers to them to compensate). I'd think about an open primary to continue the badassery that is going on so far. I'd add a blanket roll under the headlights just for decoration. That will make it look like a bike that James Dean would ride!

I agree the air cleaner doesn't quite work at this point. If you painted the air cleaner the same pacific blue as the frame and then the star the same silver as your tins, that would make the air cleaner pop. I'd cover the rear axle nut with covers that have integral blinkers. That would clean up the back fender. (This is simply because I can't stand the rear blinkers on the Rocker and plan to do that to my bike when I can afford it.

Okay, that is just my two cents worth to give another perspective. Any way you choose it's going to be a unique fresh look at the Rocker and I'm diggin' it!

Also, I believe you once said that blue was the fastest color. So, does that mean your Rocker is half as fast as mine now?
Great point you make about the bottom frame rails staying blue Sarah. I'm gonna let it marinate for a few weeks before I make my final choice on that. As far as pin striping....... If you look at the gas tank the area where the HD shield was I left "hollow", I dont plan on putting the badges back. What I plan on doing is getting it outlined with pin stripes in a blue and black color. Just gotta find someone local to do it cause I don't want to ship my tank to someone by mail.

I'm dying to raise the front of the tank but I can't cause the wide glide triple trees will hit the front of the tank. I might move the bottom mount of the tank towards the back of the bike this way I can gain some clearance in the front and hopefully the tank will clear the trees. Unfortunately I don't have much room to play with cause the seat mounts right up against the tank.

I like the rolled up blanket idea, I actually gave that some thought during the winter but I was so preoccupied with this project that it totally slipped my mind. How do those even mount? Do you know? I'm assuming it's just some leather straps tied to the bottom trees.

I'm gonna do some looking around to see what I can do to address that air cleaner. If the star doesn't reflect the sun light then it gets lost. As far as the blinkers, make sure you post up if you find some axle mounted blinkers that we can use with our bikes. I'm gonna think about that one.

You made a great point, I need to give this new look sometime to sink in before I start tweaking it.

Originally Posted by tagalongtrouble
looks like it could fly-literally-reminds me of an attack bomber. Clip-ons bars are boss. Never would have believed it.....excellent vision brought to fruition.
Thank you brotha! Reason I went with the star on the A/C was cause it reminded me of a WW II era bomber. I'm so happy to hear someone else sees that and it wasn't just me Lolol.

Originally Posted by kneesinthebreeze
Alain, the paint looks fantastic but those clip ons make my double hernia hurt just looking at them.

Congrats on getting it all put back together but just remember it is NEVER finished.
I spent a lot of time debating on what color to go with and I'm glad I went with this one. The bars are definitely going to take some getting used to. I've ridden it only twice with them on and they feel about as weird as you would think. Its gonna take some miles before I get used to them, that's for sure.
You are so right Knees!!! I'm already planning on the open primary along with mid controls for next winter.

Never ever will i be done, or any of us for that matter. Hahahahha

Old 04-13-2015, 08:28 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
Thanks dude!! Having a different look to it was part of my goal. You doin that exile primary?

Once the CDN $ isnt in the toilet, ya.....for sure...

Old 04-13-2015, 09:01 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sarah93003

also, i believe you once said that blue was the fastest color. So, does that mean your rocker is half as fast as mine now?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Old 04-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You already know I think your ride came out F u c k i n g AWESOME!

Old 04-13-2015, 09:29 PM
rockerz
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks killer, bet it looks even better in person than pics

Old 04-14-2015, 07:10 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
I can't argue with her point lolol.

My job for today is to figure out on Instagram how to find the picture of your rear fender !!! Lolol.

And thanks for the props brotha! Means a lot coming from you guys.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:12 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by rockerz
Looks killer, bet it looks even better in person than pics
Thank you! The look is growing on me by the day hahaha. Now I gotta get my battery situation squared away and hope for a good day of weather here in the hell of a state so I can ride it

Old 04-14-2015, 10:19 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

**** bro and you were saying how custom mine is looking, this turned out killer.
Never mind the question on the other thread regarding your paint scheme, 3 colours work very nice. Great to see the end results of full makeovers, well done.
How are you liking the low feel of the clip ons? I was tossing up using low drag bars on mine, but with the low and back further seating position I have would bend me too much like an ironing board, I wouldn't last on the rough roads around here. Looks the part though

Quick Reply: Dropped tins off for paint