Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for highway pegs attached to floor boards

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 07:21 PM
rokjerb437
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for highway pegs attached to floor boards

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum and just bought an 08 deluxe and wondering if anyone knows where to get highway peg arms that will attach to my oem floor boards. My buddy got a set from kuryakyn for his 01 fat boy but I'm having trouble finding ones that will fit mine.Any suggestions would be great. ..thanks!

Old 05-10-2015, 07:29 PM
wild hog
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Welcome aboard. I would check EBay. I have a 2010 Fat Boy and plan on buying some of the Kuryakyn cruise arms soon. I found EBay has the best selection.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:44 PM
rokjerb437
Stage II

Thanks man. Been searching ebay all day but having trouble finding what I want. Considering an engine guard and attaching pegs to that but not sure...

Old 05-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rokjerb437
Thanks man. Been searching ebay all day but having trouble finding what I want. Considering an engine guard and attaching pegs to that but not sure...
I run pegs off the HD standard engine guard. I like the riding options doing it this way. I can rest my heels on the floorboards and the toe on the pegs. Or have my feet on or heels over the pegs. It nice to switch it up now and then.

Old 05-19-2015, 12:42 PM
Jameson
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jac Knifes are pretty sweet pegs

Old 05-19-2015, 01:26 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I run pegs off the HD standard engine guard. I like the riding options doing it this way. I can rest my heels on the floorboards and the toe on the pegs. Or have my feet on or heels over the pegs. It nice to switch it up now and then.
This is exactly what I do as well. Thought I was the only one who went heels on boards and toes on pegs. It's important to have options on long rides.

Plus, the engine guard will, as it says, guard your engine if bike tips over for any reason while stopped or at low speed. Turns a handlebar bending (or worse) problem into no problem at all.

Of course that never happens to anyone cool enough to be a member of this program...but it does happen.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Dropnheat
Advanced

I recently installed the Kuryaken Mark IV cruise arms and the HD bar and crest pegs which match the Softail Deluxe OEM floorboards.

I'm very pleased with the results.

Attached Thumbnails looking for highway pegs attached to floor boards-mark-iv.jpg   looking for highway pegs attached to floor boards-peg.jpg  
Old 05-20-2015, 08:20 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm ashamed to admit it but I also have the Kuryaken pegs on my 06 Deluxe. I love resting my feet on the boards and my toes on the pegs. I dont know how you guys with pegs on engine guards like riding with your feet up like that. I dont think my hips and knees would fare so well with that set up. These pegs give me different options on how to rest my feet and legs.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:37 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
I'm ashamed to admit it but I also have the Kuryaken pegs on my 06 Deluxe. I love resting my feet on the boards and my toes on the pegs. I dont know how you guys with pegs on engine guards like riding with your feet up like that. I dont think my hips and knees would fare so well with that set up. These pegs give me different options on how to rest my feet and legs.
Tony your bike is still one of the best looking bikes on this board.

See how the HD (or the ½ price but identical Kuryachn) adjustable mounts work - when I flip out my peg I can rest my toes on the inside edge of the peg, or move my feet up on the pegs, or lay my boots on top of the pegs. I rarely do the latter as I don't like my feet being that out of position to hit the brakes...it takes a moment to pull my legs back in from the barcalounger position.

Old 05-20-2015, 12:10 PM
DynaJ
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Quick Reply: looking for highway pegs attached to floor boards