Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   Power Vision Question (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/1052412-power-vision-question.html)

Berick 06-09-2015 04:13 PM

Power Vision Question

You guys that are using the Power Vision......

How many times do you use that "auto-tune" function?

I did the auto-tune function and went for about an hour long ride and varied the riding with "in-town" & "highway" and "go-fast" and then downloaded the new adjustments to the ECM. Is this good enough or does it help to do the auto-tune function several times?

NOTE: I'm not using wide-band sensors..... just OEM.

08Fatty 06-09-2015 05:34 PM

It will improve a little more each time. 2 or 3 time should be enough unless you feel like you need to do it more. At some point it will be as good as its gonna get.

smithrw 06-09-2015 05:45 PM

auto tune

I ran auto tune about 4 times. Seemed like every time it ran a little better.

Berick 06-09-2015 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by smithrw (Post 14099828)
I ran auto tune about 4 times. Seemed like every time it ran a little better.

So when you say you ran it 4 times..... did you just keep rewriting the previous autotune or did you just use a new slot for each attempt?

hattitude 06-09-2015 10:00 PM

Each time you autotune, you should use with the last autotune corrected tune......

I run the bike normally do for about 80% of the autotune run. Then I try to fit in a couple of full throttle, roll-on accelerations. I do this to fill the cells I don't usually hit during my normal riding style. My runs last about 30-40 minutes and incorporate freeway cruising, curves, and hills.

When finished with an autotune, one of the pages of data will show you the average percent of change.... once you get to 4% average change, you're about as close as you're gonna get with basic autotune. Any more autotuning after that and you'll be chasing your tail....

I had a Fuelmoto map for my '12 Ultra with a stage II (a/c, cams, exhaust). After one 20 min. basic auto tune run, I was at 4% average change.... that was one good map!

Berick 06-09-2015 10:19 PM

Yes, I have the Fuel Moto preloaded map as well. Just tried the auto tune function today to sweeten it up a bit.

Gommee 06-09-2015 10:35 PM

I have the AT Pro with Wide band sensors, I ran AT 3 times. The third time my entire screen was green.

You should run AT until you get 5% or less change in the tune.

Run AT, save tune, use saved tune and rerun AT, repeat until happy.

Valdemar 06-10-2015 09:45 AM

HI, when we finished the auto tune, power vision offer two optiones for the new auto tuned map. We must select SCALE or CAP.
In threads of hdforum spain, the people says the correct is made two auto tunes in scale, and the nexts in cap. Itīs correctly?

Berick 06-10-2015 05:00 PM

Are you guys still getting decel popping through your exhaust even after being tuned? Mine pops even after 2 rounds of the "auto-tune"..... Is it normal on these bikes to have a bit of popping?

Valdemar 06-10-2015 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Berick (Post 14102775)
Are you guys still getting decel popping through your exhaust even after being tuned? Mine pops even after 2 rounds of the "auto-tune"..... Is it normal on these bikes to have a bit of popping?

If you are running without baffle or baffle non very restrictive,itīs normal.