Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker B: BREAKOUT MOD THREAD "CHROME-LESS"

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 07:32 PM
indobos72
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting thing, I just received the Carlini's in today and mocked them up. Sans riser since they are on back order till 9/7. But I came up with a +18" over stock. I did rise the bars over the triples by 2" for the CVO riser. I am going to wait to order the cables so that I don't have an issue. Just wonder why I am measuring so far over. Anyway's, thought I'd post my initial findings in case anyone was working on this setup.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:29 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by indobos72
Interesting thing, I just received the Carlini's in today and mocked them up. Sans riser since they are on back order till 9/7. But I came up with a +18" over stock. I did rise the bars over the triples by 2" for the CVO riser. I am going to wait to order the cables so that I don't have an issue. Just wonder why I am measuring so far over. Anyway's, thought I'd post my initial findings in case anyone was working on this setup.
You can double check with the member I did the measuring for, I sent you a PM with his info...I sent you this as well, but figured I'd add it here also. My clutch cable measures 39" from the lever to the adjuster, and my brake line is 41" from the lever to the ABS unit

Last edited by Rocker B; 08-29-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:26 AM
Deuce_01
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking bike along with your Rocker! Bookmarked the link for Magnum..well that and the one for DK as well. I plan on changing to 9" mini apes from a heritage with about 2-3" risers on my Deuce and from what i have read on their site it looks like i would need one of their kits for the 12-14" apes as it mentions 2" risers in the description. Does this sound correct?

Old 09-01-2017, 09:37 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Deuce_01
Great looking bike along with your Rocker! Bookmarked the link for Magnum..well that and the one for DK as well. I plan on changing to 9" mini apes from a heritage with about 2-3" risers on my Deuce and from what i have read on their site it looks like i would need one of their kits for the 12-14" apes as it mentions 2" risers in the description. Does this sound correct?
Thanks Deuce!! I think those would be a little long, the kit does say for 12"-14" bars on a 2" raiser. If your bars are only 9", you'll need cables/lines that are 3"-5" shorter. If you purchase the cables/lines separately (not in a kit), you can order the shorter lengths. The Magnum site will show your stock length, and you add to that. I would think you'll probably need the stock length +10", but double check before you order.

The following users liked this post:
Deuce_01 (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Deuce_01
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rocker B
Thanks Deuce!! I think those would be a little long, the kit does say for 12"-14" bars on a 2" raiser. If your bars are only 9", you'll need cables/lines that are 3"-5" shorter. If you purchase the cables/lines separately (not in a kit), you can order the shorter lengths. The Magnum site will show your stock length, and you add to that. I would think you'll probably need the stock length +10", but double check before you order.
No problem!

Thanks for the clarification! I was a bit confused with all that information. I will def be talking to them in the near future to get that all sorted out.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Well, I finally installed the oil filter relocation kit last week!! So again, I used the kit from DK Custom Products which comes with brass fittings. I didn't think the brass would look good on this bike, so I changed them to black using a high temp, ceramic enamel coating.

I pre-fit everything with the rubber hose that comes with the kit, then cut the optional black fiber braided hose to the predetermined lengths. The braided hose also has a wire mesh/reinforcement, and has very little stretch or give, so getting them on the fittings was a bitch, and really the only difficult part of the installation.

There's no room to thighten the hose clamps on the oil filter adapter when it's installed, so I attached them first, then screwed the adapter on with the hoses in place.

Last edited by Rocker B; 09-19-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:37 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

I'll take and post some better pics soon, but here's a few I took last week after installing the oil filter relocation kit...

The following 2 users liked this post by Rocker B:
Jimaik (09-23-2017), Sarah93003 (09-21-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

The kit seems to be working as advertised!!... I checked the oil temp again today after a ride, and it's averaging about 12 degrees cooler with the oil filter relocated. The DK Custom Products site says the kit will lower temps by 10-15 degrees, so it's right there.

I checked the temp before installing the kit, with my Rockers digital oil temp/level dip stick, after doing the same 20 mile ride a couple times, once when it was 85 degrees outside and again when it was about 75. Then I checked it again after installing the kit last week, after the same 20 mile ride when the temp was again in the mid 80s, and the oil temp was 14 degrees cooler!! Today it's in the low 70s and after the ride the oil temp was 10 degrees cooler then it was at 75 without the kit...I'm very happy with the cooler temps, and no more messy oil changes!!

The following 2 users liked this post by Rocker B:
Sarah93003 (09-21-2017), splattttttt (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 07:06 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

I'm sold!
Thanks for sharing Rokah. And some real mightby fine work there brotha!

Old 09-20-2017, 11:03 PM
Deuce_01
Intermediate

Damn! I am seriously gonna consider the relocation kit as well! Mainly just for making it easier to maintain. But the slight increase in oil capacity and benefit of running cooler is icing on the cake!

Quick Reply: Rocker B: BREAKOUT MOD THREAD "CHROME-LESS"