Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker B: BREAKOUT MOD THREAD "CHROME-LESS"

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 04:28 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarah93003
Great project Rocker B. I'm also one who likes diversity in a ride. I love my Rocker and chrome is obe of my favorite colors. When mine is paid off I will get something completely different. I don't know what that will be, but it will be chromeless most likely.

I don't have mechanical skills so mods are more expensive. You are lucky to be able to DIY. Your bike looks completely natural and that takes an artistic eye to achieve. Well done!
Thanks Sarah, Your Rocker looks great too!! Love the color!!

Originally Posted by EagleRay
Before having my SE204s installed I ordered the HD CAM Spacer Kit p/n 25928-06 just to be on the safe side and not to hit that dead end and have to wait for parts.

BTW, did you swap the inner CAM bearings or did you re-use the stock ones?
I wasn't sure if I would need a different washer after reading the confusing instructions, I'm glad HD had the part I needed, already picked up p/n #25736-06. So I should be good to go now!! Not sure yet if I'll get to it today or tomorrow??? and yes using the stock bearings.

Last edited by Rocker B; 11-24-2015 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:17 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

In case you decide to change the inner bearing, the SE High Performance Inner Cam Bearings part number is 24018-10

Old 11-24-2015, 07:42 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

I finished up the cams last night and today hooked up the exhaust and flashed a new map using my FP3 with the Andrews 37H cams edited in. Fired right up and sounds great!! It' been cold and raining today and might snow tonight (which is kind of rare here) so I'm not sure when I'll get to road test and run an Autotune session?? Hopefully soon!!

Here's a pic of the stock cams and two of the push rods after being cut out with bolt cutters..

Pic of a two of the four new push rod covers, HD part #17900033 (shorter/makes adjusting push rods easier)

Last edited by Rocker B; 11-26-2015 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:42 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker B
I finished up the cams last night and today hooked up the exhaust and flashed a new map using my FP3 with the Andrews 37H cams edited in. Fired right up and sounds great!! It' been cold and raining today and might snow tonight (which is kind of rare here) so I'm not sure when I'll get to road test and run an Autotune session?? Hopefully soon!!

Here's a pic of the stock cams and two of the push rods after being cut out with bolt cutters..

nice thats next up for me!..make sure you post vid of sound check homie

Old 11-24-2015, 10:59 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Da-Rza 21
nice thats next up for me!..make sure you post vid of sound check homie
Ya for sure, I'll make a vid tomorrow, just need to figure out how to get it on here??

Old 11-24-2015, 11:48 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Ya for sure, I'll make a vid tomorrow, just need to figure out how to get it on here??
when i download vids from my phone i just file them in my pictures file on my computer..then just attach them like pics to thread

Old 11-25-2015, 12:09 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Da-Rza 21
when i download vids from my phone i just file them in my pictures file on my computer..then just attach them like pics to thread
Cool, got it!! Thanks..

Old 11-25-2015, 02:59 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Dont know about other brands, but with iPhone if you have one?, just use it for video and post here from it.
Hit the button on the forums comment box with the mountain (img) and you'll be directed by it so its pretty straight forward
Whish other forums were this easy

Old 11-29-2015, 12:40 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Finally got a chance to really test out the new cams, fork springs and brake pads today!! The bike rips!! Really happy with the Andrews 37H cams, just what I was looking for, real strong low-mid range!! easy start, nice idle. The FP3 map with the cams edited in, seems dead on!! V&H recommends running AutoTune to fine tune the map, which I will, hard to believe it might get better!!
The Progressive springs are awesome, bike handles way better, nose dive pretty much gone and they really smooth out bumps and holes!!

Here's a vid, not the best audio, but you can hear the cams..

Last edited by Rocker B; 11-29-2015 at 02:49 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:25 AM
Nostradamus74
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The Progressive springs are awesome, bike handles way better, nose dive pretty much gone and they really smooth out bumps and holes!!
Glad you're happy with the Progressive springs! Was waiting for your feedback!

Quick Reply: Rocker B: BREAKOUT MOD THREAD "CHROME-LESS"