Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker B: MY ROCKER C MOD THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 09:37 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

cool, yea maybe they'll help me at jp to setup shocks when I order them, I noticed you lowered your front springs the progressives? did you have to lower rear also? lastly the led front headlamp, was it plug and play or do I need a equalizer, the Harley one is 499, if its the same, ill save here, place more there, hahah

Old 08-15-2016, 09:42 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

also do you happen to have a link so I get right lights, thanks again...loving this rocker, its the blue, vance and hines pipes, screaming eagle intake, v&h tuner, going to get the new hp3 or which ever it is for code recognizing, deleting etc, seems its does more, I hope it tunes with the weather as well, or maybe I have to put different tunes on it, I was hoping I could leave it in bike and it adjust accordingly, I heard they have tuners that do it, and this seems to be the bees knees right now, I think it has a first gen fuel pak on it,1200k miles 2009 clean as a button

Old 08-15-2016, 10:42 PM
Sarah93003
Club Member
Received 30,067 Likes on 6,791 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker B
I couldn't help but think of this post when I went in the garage this morning....Your right Sarah, the turn signals do look very similar to preying mantis eyeballs.......

I guess this little guy likes that look on the Rocker.

That's awesome! How did you do that?

Old 08-15-2016, 11:02 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
cool, yea maybe they'll help me at jp to setup shocks when I order them, I noticed you lowered your front springs the progressives? did you have to lower rear also? lastly the led front headlamp, was it plug and play or do I need a equalizer, the Harley one is 499, if its the same, ill save here, place more there, hahah
also do you happen to have a link so I get right lights, thanks again...loving this rocker, its the blue, vance and hines pipes, screaming eagle intake, v&h tuner, going to get the new hp3 or which ever it is for code recognizing, deleting etc, seems its does more, I hope it tunes with the weather as well, or maybe I have to put different tunes on it, I was hoping I could leave it in bike and it adjust accordingly, I heard they have tuners that do it, and this seems to be the bees knees right now, I think it has a first gen fuel pak on it,1200k miles 2009 clean as a button
You shouldn't have any problem with setting up the 422 shocks, they come with simple to follow instructions.... The 21" wheel raised the front 1" and then I lowered it 2" with the Progressive front spring kit,... and yes, I lowered the back 1 3/8" (you can drop up to 2" with the 422s).... The LED head light is plug and play, no load equalizer needed. I was installing it in the new housing, and it was tight, but should go right in the stock housing. I got the headlight on Ebay, you can do a search for the brand, Octane Lighting (based in Ca.), they also call theirs a "Day Maker". I have the HD Day Maker on my Breakout and this as good or damn close to it, as long as it lasts, for $130, I'm very happy with it!!.... AND YES, get the FP3, easy to use, and the maps, especially with the V&H pipes, are dead on. You wont need to change maps for weather, the ECM takes care of that. It has a ton of cool features, including being able to view real-time data on your phone while you ride, and checking error codes. It will handle cam upgrades etc. You can check it out, just download the free FP3 app. and you can play around with it in "DEMO" mode....Have fun with the Rocker, it's a great bike!!

Last edited by Rocker B; 08-16-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:08 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Sarah93003
That's awesome! How did you do that?
I just took the pic, he was just hanging out there on the bike, in my garage, when I went to go for a ride today....

Old 08-16-2016, 10:38 AM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker B
The painter finished up painting my parts today!! I'm really happy with the way they turned out, they look really nice and the color match is perfect!! It was late in the day when he finished, and they needed a little more drying time, so I'll pick them up when he opens Monday.....

Here's a few pics of the fenders....

Who is the painter? Looks great!

Old 08-16-2016, 04:56 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

NICE thanks, lat question, I ordered the iso kyurakwn grips, or whatever, I have carpel tunnel from my work so less is better, I read on putting rolls of rolled up pennies in bars when I change grips? anyone comment on that, and how many 2 rolls each side? grips be here by Friday, lovin the bike, I want the breakout also, funny you have both the bikes ive been trying to buy, first was a breakout, fell thru than I grabbed a super low milage rocker blue, I wanted this bike years ago, so I had to, I just need more pull off the line, seems like its over geared? I don't wanna say its to slow, but I was expecting more, is there drop in sprockets that will do the trick, or do I need a belt,sprocket combo etc? and will the fp3 pick this mod up, as I know you write in pipes , intake etc, how about sprocket or gearing change, honest this is end of questions, for a while anyway, im still reading thru this whole thread, I LOVE IT, AND YOU HAVE A BREAKOUT THREAD, AWESOME

Old 08-16-2016, 06:43 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cdonis
Who is the painter? Looks great!
Thanks man!!! Mike at Placerville Body Shop did the paint...

NICE thanks, lat question, I ordered the iso kyurakwn grips, or whatever, I have carpel tunnel from my work so less is better, I read on putting rolls of rolled up pennies in bars when I change grips? anyone comment on that, and how many 2 rolls each side? grips be here by Friday, lovin the bike, I want the breakout also, funny you have both the bikes ive been trying to buy, first was a breakout, fell thru than I grabbed a super low milage rocker blue, I wanted this bike years ago, so I had to, I just need more pull off the line, seems like its over geared? I don't wanna say its to slow, but I was expecting more, is there drop in sprockets that will do the trick, or do I need a belt,sprocket combo etc? and will the fp3 pick this mod up, as I know you write in pipes , intake etc, how about sprocket or gearing change, honest this is end of questions, for a while anyway, im still reading thru this whole thread, I LOVE IT, AND YOU HAVE A BREAKOUT THREAD, AWESOME
I haven't heard about the penny thing, what's it supposed to do??....You should really do a sprocket and/or pulley change. It's the best bang-for-the-buck performance mod you can do. I did the 30T trans sprocket and 70T rear pulley, and the difference over the stock 32/66 set-up is HUGE, a little over 13% torque/acceleration improvement. If you have enough forward axle adjustment available, you could also start with just the 70T rear pulley (DIY) and get a little over a 6% increase. The stock belt works for either. My Rocker axle, stock, with the 66T pulley, sat way back in the adjuster, so I could have fit just the 70T, but I had the 30T trans sprocket installed when I had the belt drive done, so it only cost me $67 for the part, and $40 bucks in extra labor. You would normally have to figure 2+ hours labor to have it installed....but VERY much worth it. The only change I had to make to the ecm was for the speedometer, and yes the FP3 has a "Speedo recalibration" feature.....and hey man, no problem with the questions, glad your enjoying my threads!!

Last edited by Rocker B; 08-16-2016 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:16 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

SO just a 30tooth trans and a 70 tooth sprocket, and it will give me some more out of the hole??, I was just pricing up these bad boys
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/755-815#

and brand in particular, I like CHROME...and these 2 sprockets are all I need for that mod? drop right in, love it if that's the case, shoot a brand
standard 3/4'' or 1" rear pulley belt width???, the 70 will fit im assuming im finding some off ebay...now the sprocket which doesn't matter as I wont see it

I ordered the chrome/blue plug cables in ur bike, stock plugs good, or are there better/best performing plugs you recommend out there? there's only 2,nes as well do t right,lol, and I know it can make a difference, it all add's up!!!

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 08-16-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:26 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Thumbs up

oh and the penny thing is to limit vibration thru the bars, they make a barsnake product, basically fills the hole in bars to minimize vibration?

I see all 66 or a 65 pulley for rocker?
http://www.jpcycles.com/2008-harley-...-drive-pulleys

will this rear work? don't know the fitment
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DNA-Super-Sp.../121664541747?
hash=item1c53c59433:g:iSoAAOSwl8NVaODZ&vxp=mtr

ID STILL LOVE A LINK TO WHERE YOU BOUGHT YOUR PARTS AS THIS SPROCKETS TWICE THE PRICE, GUESSING A BELT CHANGE IS IN ORDER AS WELL, LINK AWAY,LOL, PLEASE!!!!!
for the sprocket this looks promising
https://www.amazon.com/Andrews-Drive...ype=motorcycle

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 08-16-2016 at 08:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Rocker B: MY ROCKER C MOD THREAD