Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Met up with the folks who own Shotgun Shocks at Bikefest here in Vegas to help me out on getting them installed correctly.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 11:35 PM
sincitychoppa
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Met up with the folks who own Shotgun Shocks at Bikefest here in Vegas to help me out on getting them installed correctly.....

I recently purchased a set of Shotgun Shocks that I had installed incorrectly at a local mechanic shop. My local shop installed the toggle switches incorrectly and also ran some wires incorrectly. I was also not able to get enough air in the shock to support my weight so I knew something was amuck.

I visited the JD and Jessica at Bikefest who offered to take a look to help get everything straight. They set me up with a new beefier compressor than the one that came with my kit, it is apparently a new version. I have included pics below of the new compressor for ya'll. They were a big help and quite friendly, cool group of people they are and great customer service. The shocks ride great now when it is had the appropriate amount of air in it. It seems to be losing air after a short ride or while sitting for a while. The bike stays the same height, but the suspension has no resistance. I told Jessica about it of Shotgun shocks and once again their service shined through with their offering to assist with the issue. I am going to bring my bike to them in the next week or so to get it all looked over and fixed.

I just wanted to vouch for the customer service at Shotgun Shocks and also the quality products they make. I am quite sure that if they installed the shock in the first place, I probably would not have had any issues if they were just installed properly to begin with. In any event I am glad I supported a site vendor and good reputable company as they make very nice well working products with the service to back it all up.

These are the old vs new compressor side by side:

Pic of my bike undergoing surgery:

Old 10-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Good people, great service, and when it's all ironed out a great ride.