Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY: Project Clean Bars too… The Everything Internal Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 07:40 PM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

Excellent post. Killer bike. This may be my next mod

Old 02-09-2017, 01:36 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,960 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Great write-up, bad-*** bike, and really clean work you did. Thanks!

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 02-09-2017, 05:57 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 472 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by kinect
When doing a custom work, it is not one size fits all so you have to factor everything. For example the size of the bars, they have different size exit points at the bottom of the riser so if it might be too tight there like the carlini bars then there might have some issues. You also have to factor how the cables were lengtened. Were they soldered or used the Namz extension? The key is to have accurate measurement.
Thanks for posting that up, pretty much what I had planned to do. I've been looking at these: https://www.magnumshielding.com/byo-Build-Your-Own. Same concept as the Goodridge lines.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:41 PM
kinect
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks guys, I hope I helped someone out there.

By the way, the reason why I did not put the cost of the Goodridge Sniper 2 items is because I got them from this forum's sponsor and I just don't want to rant over the internet. Just get the best price on eBay since I already listed the items needed. Ride safe!

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Old 03-13-2017, 09:32 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Any impressions on brake feel after the install? I'm considering the Snipers myself and would like know if/how they affect brake feel.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:19 PM
kinect
Cruiser

After installing the snipers, i found that it's a little bit challenging to bleed the brakes. I usually bleed the brakes from the bleeder screw using a 30cc syringe with 5/16" tubing (i think). It was easier that way for me since it's a one-man bleeding method. But when bleeding the snipers from below, i wasn't satisfied with the firmness so i had to re-bleed the conventional way until im sure there's no air in the system. One factor could be the cross-sectional diameter of the snipers compared to the conventional brake lines like the magnum shielding i used to have. And also maybe because i did everything internal so there may be tight bends compressing the sniper line.

But when i started riding the bike, the brake lever seems to have more pull travel but later on i guess as the lines expanded, i got more confidence on the firmness and feel and the bike stops as it should be (break-in the brakes, lol!). It was a subjective question so it's up to you to decide to bleed the brakes until you're satisfied with the firmness.

Originally Posted by cggorman
Any impressions on brake feel after the install? I'm considering the Snipers myself and would like know if/how they affect brake feel.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:22 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

After installing the snipers, i found that it's a little bit challenging to bleed the brakes. I usually bleed the brakes from the bleeder screw using a 30cc syringe with 5/16" tubing (i think). It was easier that way for me since it's a one-man bleeding method. But when bleeding the snipers from below, i wasn't satisfied with the firmness so i had to re-bleed the conventional way until im sure there's no air in the system. One factor could be the cross-sectional diameter of the snipers compared to the conventional brake lines like the magnum shielding i used to have. And also maybe because i did everything internal so there may be tight bends compressing the sniper line.

But when i started riding the bike, the brake lever seems to have more pull travel but later on i guess as the lines expanded, i got more confidence on the firmness and feel and the bike stops as it should be (break-in the brakes, lol!). It was a subjective question so it's up to you to decide to bleed the brakes until you're satisfied with the firmness.
Thanks. Good feeback.

Does the lever feel heavier?
Do the brakes/pads release more slowly?

Old 03-13-2017, 04:58 PM
kinect
Cruiser

I changed my brake master to aftermarket and it feels lighter than OEM harley 9/16". Brakes are responsive just like oem. No noticeable change in pads braking action. They're just the same as the oem ones. Hth.

Originally Posted by cggorman
Thanks. Good feeback.

Does the lever feel heavier?
Do the brakes/pads release more slowly?

Old 03-13-2017, 05:11 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

I changed my brake master to aftermarket and it feels lighter than OEM harley 9/16". Brakes are responsive just like oem. No noticeable change in pads braking action. They're just the same as the oem ones. Hth.
Excellent! Thanks for the help.

Old 05-06-2017, 03:00 PM
HDnoob
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How far off were the 90° bends from working? I'm looking at doing this but I'd like to use the sniper 2 90's.

Quick Reply: DIY: Project Clean Bars too… The Everything Internal Thread