Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY: Project Clean Bars too… The Everything Internal Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 05:27 PM
kinect
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

That's a mean looking bike @ Fat11Lo. I really like what you did... Excellent!

Old 03-28-2019, 01:16 AM
Hawkdriver23
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=MRPHS;17860875]Sorry for the dark pics we're not getting much daylight while I'm home and the bike is filthy. Bars are Burleigh Bars 2" Highballs 14" tall. No modifications were needed to the bars for the internal wiring which is one reason I chose this brand.

Hey brother, I just placed an order for the exact same bars for my RKS. Can you provide any insight on the cable and wire lengths that you used for your internal install? I’m trying to order all the stuff I need before the bars arrive but I don’t want to end up with wires and lines that are too long.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:23 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

Looking great, did you make your Goodridge Sniper lines yourself ? I keep struggling to get them together, have no faith in it, the way that I assemble them. The banjo is barely 3mm stuck in the innerline.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:19 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,936 Likes on 2,569 Posts

Great thread, I have read it before but never contributed, can't even remember why. Here is my '97 Wide Glide (I know Softail Forum, but we are talking handlebars) fully internal. I did this about 10 years ago using Exile internal throttle, Magura hydraulic clutch, Flanders 1" bars and Russel builders brake lines. Many years and miles later with no issues. Here is a pic:

The following users liked this post:
GarageJockey (05-02-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 09:37 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 471 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by MRPHS
Sorry for the dark pics we're not getting much daylight while I'm home and the bike is filthy. Bars are Burleigh Bars 2" Highballs 14" tall. No modifications were needed to the bars for the internal wiring which is one reason I chose this brand.

Can't believe I missed this post earlier

Great looking bars, really like the way you ran the line, very clean and nothing to hide. Excellent job!!!

Old 03-28-2019, 09:02 PM
MRPHS
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

The only wiring extension I needed was for the controls. I purchased the 12" Namz extension part number NHCXJ12. Keep in mind this was for a 2017 Slim S. My turn signals and TBW harnesses did not need extensions although I did install Thunderbike front turn signals.

For the brake and hydraulic cables I purposefully left plenty of extra slack in the lines and looped the extra and secured inside my headlight nacelle. Sometimes the Goodridge Sniper II lines were difficult to assemble and I needed to start over.

Overall I'm not 100% impressed with the overall Goodridge experience. They are performing great but they were not the easiest to assemble. I have a feeling part tolerances did not match up between the cable and the hydraulic fittings. Some of the fittings were a piece of cake to assemble and some I had to redo multiple times until I was satisfied with a secure and fully seated fitting. They were also more difficult to bleed. I ended up changing the caliper and hydraulic clutch bleeder valves to Speed Bleeders. Highly recommended!!! Those things are absolutely amazing. I also bled my ABS unit with the ITM brake flush unit. I also highly recommend if you don't want to mess with the dealership. This winter I relocated my front ABS module to inside my freight train headlight nacelle and installed internally wired heated grips. I also installed the AIM Lightforce Slave Cylinder. Just some things to keep in mind while you have the bike torn apart. I'll post a few pictures tomorrow.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'd be happy to try and help as others have done for me.

Hawkdriver23 (03-28-2019)
Old 05-02-2019, 04:51 AM
HD1584
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you did i nice piece of work ! are you satisfied about the internal throttle ?

Old 04-25-2020, 10:48 AM
NastyGrn67
Stage IV

What grips are you using with your exile cycles internal throttle?

Old 04-25-2020, 10:54 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Posh internal throttle with Lowbrow Customs Waffle grips. Motogadget switches and custom trim pieces.

MoneyFor (04-25-2020)
Old 04-26-2020, 08:26 AM
NastyGrn67
Stage IV

Originally Posted by kinect
what grips are you running with your exile cycles internal throttle? Thanks

Quick Reply: DIY: Project Clean Bars too… The Everything Internal Thread