Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could you please recommend a seat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 11:08 PM
02603SEC
Road Captain
Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 inch pistons
A lot of people don't like them, but I had a Corbin Gunfighter seat custom made for me in Daytona for my 14 Valkyrie. CF sides and distressed leather with diamond stitching--moved me 2 inches back and 1 1/2 inch higher-- ALL for the same price as a stock seat out of the warehouse. Show price was $453 shipped to my house 2 1/2 weeks later.
Maybe you should be looking into something along these lines then. Have them make exactly what you want.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:25 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member
Received 788 Likes on 432 Posts

Speaking of breakout seats. Anyone had a chance to try the solo's offered on Trijya's website?

https://trijya.com/shop/index.php?di...product_id=163

Old 04-24-2017, 02:32 PM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

I just pulled the trigger on the Corbin Dual Tour seat for long hauls with the wifey. I'll let you know what I think of the comfort in a few weeks. As far as the looks, it will look pretty terrible compared to all the sleek solo seats out there. But, for what I need it for, it will suffice.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:02 PM
Lonely Drifter on a Harley Breakout's Avatar
Lonely Drifter on a Harley Breakout
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dongoati
I measured the difference between the stock CVO Breakout seat and the Mustang Fred Kodlin seat. You sit lower, therefor farther away (1") from the handlebar with the mustang seat.
OP, Look Into maybe a handlebar riser, and tilt it towards you.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...RoCQWkQAvD_BwE
Ok thank you this could be exactly what i need cheaper option ! i do see a problem with this riser they are not connected together making it hard to get a level.

Last edited by Lonely Drifter on a Harley Breakout; 04-27-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:36 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

I run a Danny Gray buttcrack on my Softail and a Danny Gray Big Seat on my Street Glide. Love them both, full leather, changes the stance of the bike, lower your height and you feel planted in them. You need to do at least 500 miles on them to break them in and after that your good. About the time you need fuel is about the time you need to stretch your *** any how so comfort isn't really an issue especially on the bar hopper.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:53 AM
reeldazed
Stage II

Mean City Cycles will mod your current seat for less than the cost of a new seat. You can get it redone with memory foam or gel pads. They have many options available including heated inserts with thermostats. In my case I got mine modified with memory foam and had a channel cut out for tail bone relief cause that was my biggest issues. The can modify it to move you up, back, lower or whatever. Check this out.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/index....186&Itemid=226

Old 04-29-2017, 09:48 AM
matte
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by UHDhog
I just pulled the trigger on the Corbin Dual Tour seat for long hauls with the wifey. I'll let you know what I think of the comfort in a few weeks. As far as the looks, it will look pretty terrible compared to all the sleek solo seats out there. But, for what I need it for, it will suffice.
I put one on my bike at Sturgis 2 years ago and there were 3 points that were no go for me. Pushed me too far forward, was super stiff (albeit I'm sure they break in), and won't work with the Harley quick detach backrest/luggage rack. Too tight.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Lonely Drifter on a Harley Breakout's Avatar
Lonely Drifter on a Harley Breakout
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dongoati
Well, I got the Mustang seat in, but if you want to sit closer to the handlebar, this is not the seat for you!
Did you sit further back? Did the seat positioning put you back and lower? or just lower?

I just cancelled the Le Pera solo upfront seat i have ordered i think i am going to be pushed too far forward - all in want is 1 inch forward and 2 inches lower so i could feel as if i am in the bike not on the bike.

I have 30 inch inseam am I considered too short (I'm between 5'7" and 5'8") ?

Last edited by Lonely Drifter on a Harley Breakout; 05-02-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:03 PM
UHDhog
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by reeldazed
Mean City Cycles will mod your current seat for less than the cost of a new seat. You can get it redone with memory foam or gel pads. They have many options available including heated inserts with thermostats. In my case I got mine modified with memory foam and had a channel cut out for tail bone relief cause that was my biggest issues. The can modify it to move you up, back, lower or whatever. Check this out.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/index....186&Itemid=226
Mean City Cycles will NOT modify a factory Breakout seat. I have the emails to prove it. Something about how the pan is designed, they can't make it work for some reason. I don't see why not because other shops have modified factory Breakout seats.

Old 05-02-2017, 02:24 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member

Someone here nodded his own seat and noted the stock pan is exceptionally thin plastic and he basically reinforced it with a homemade metal insert. Need to search around for that. If someone refused to do it, that's probably why.

Quick Reply: Could you please recommend a seat?