Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   I feel so bad for other HD riders not on a 114 fatbob.. :)p (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/1197194-i-feel-so-bad-for-other-hd-riders-not-on-a-114-fatbob-p.html)

Dread 09-13-2017 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by badcooky (Post 16631672)
The butt hurt is real!!!

What he said! :icon_that: ;) :) :icon_beerchug:

I know right? Can't we all just get along and enjoy our toys? Critiquing a bike is one thing, but all out slamming it to make yourself feel good and others feel bad is just BS. I didn't purchase my bike because I cared what other people think, I purchased it because it is the right bike for me. That said, I freaking LOVE the new CVO Street Glide in Gunship Grey. If I was in the market for a bagger, I would be ALL OVER that bike! I can definitely see myself owning one in the future :)

Dread 09-13-2017 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Thingfish (Post 16629323)
I love my Heritage and it's perfect for me, but you should really test ride one before you make that trade... you might miss what grabbed you about the bob.
All the things you want can be addressed really. $2,500 for the RIGHT bike for you is not crazy $$$ down the road. The Heritage is heavier, less lean angle, and geared taller which effects low end a bit. It's great, but not the same road weapon the bob is...

Otherwise, hell yeah the Heritage is awesome!

A little off topic, but I have to say your Fat Bob looks pretty sick!!!

Dread 09-13-2017 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by schlacker (Post 16631660)
The new Fatbob looks like it's trying to be a Japanese sport bike to me. & with that vtwin engine, M8 or not, a severely under-powered sport bike.

And you paid $25k???

Again... off topic, but had to say nice bike man! Always loved the classic look of the Deluxe... white walls and gobs of chrome... she's a beauty. Cheers!

steelerdude1 09-13-2017 07:03 AM

Congrats on the new ride!

I've been to a couple dealers since the roll out of the 18's, and the fat bob seams to get a lot of attention. This kinda surprised me, as I am not a fan of the looks. I agree with some, and even told the salesman that it reminded me of an old CB750 with the squared off tank.

I did talk to a guy that just came in from a demo, and he was smiling ear to ear, and said it was an incredible bike.

I will admit, it takes me a while to warm up to the new styles. - when the road glides were redesigned, I hated them, 11 months later, I bought one, LOL

OP, enjoy that new scoot, and be carful out there.

- Elliott 09-13-2017 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by steelerdude1 (Post 16632105)
Congrats on the new ride!

I've been to a couple dealers since the roll out of the 18's, and the fat bob seams to get a lot of attention. This kinda surprised me, as I am not a fan of the looks. I agree with some, and even told the salesman that it reminded me of an old CB750 with the squared off tank.

I did talk to a guy that just came in from a demo, and he was smiling ear to ear, and said it was an incredible bike.

I will admit, it takes me a while to warm up to the new styles. - when the road glides were redesigned, I hated them, 11 months later, I bought one, LOL

OP, enjoy that new scoot, and be carful out there.

Dude, when I first came across the fat Bob it looked like an uglier version of the old yamahas. I thought it was ugly and wondering what the heck Harley was thinking. 3 days later, for some reason, I HAD to have one.

Prot 09-13-2017 09:39 AM

How can you buy a Fat Bob and make jokes about feeling bad that other people aren't riding one, and already want to trade it for a Heritage, Road King or something?

I'd say Harley has found their target audience. Instant gratification / short attention span / quickly bored young person willing to camp out to buy the newest phone.

I was enjoying your thread and was happy to see somebody enjoying a bike that speaks to them, but then you lost me at that point.

By all means, keep frequently trading in. It puts a lot of late model lightly used bikes on the market at a discounted price.

- Elliott 09-13-2017 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Prot (Post 16632611)
How can you buy a Fat Bob and make jokes about feeling bad that other people aren't riding one, and already want to trade it for a Heritage, Road King or something?

I'd say Harley has found their target audience. Instant gratification / short attention span / quickly bored young person willing to camp out to buy the newest phone.

I was enjoying your thread and was happy to see somebody enjoying a bike that speaks to them, but then you lost me at that point.

By all means, keep frequently trading in. It puts a lot of late model lightly used bikes on the market at a discounted price.

First, let's start with the fact you don't know anything about me. Taken that in to account, you made some pretty big leaps in reasoning. I can explain it to you, but I really shouldn't have to. No worries friend, I will, it's simple really. My wife wanted something where she could ride with me. The Bob CAN accommodate nicely but it will take a rather large amount of money. She finally had an opportunity to join me in San Antonio, as we live 300 miles south of this city and I'm here for work, shes not always with me and I don't always communicate with her on things I buy. I suppose in this case I should have but it is what it is what it is.

"I'd say Harley has found their target audience. Instant gratification / short attention span / quickly bored young person willing to camp out to buy the newest phone."

And I'd say you jump to conclusions with little to no facts or correct information, I won't assume your age or education level, but I would say Sherlock you're not.. I buy what I want and work hard to be able to do so. If I want to trade it in for any reason and can afford to do so, who are you to judge?

Freak Show 09-13-2017 09:52 AM

Harley loves these kinds of people. You're pretty much renting their bikes

- Elliott 09-13-2017 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Prot (Post 16632611)

Also, the title of the thread is not indicative of the intent or meaning found with in. I simply don't judge other ESPECIALLY for thier bike of choice. The meaning was simply that HD did a fantastic job creating a new, extremely fun to ride bike, and I believe everyone should try it, it's very unique.

- Elliott 09-13-2017 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Freak Show (Post 16632658)
Harley loves these kinds of people. You're pretty much renting their bikes

Not true, but if it was please explain why that's a bad thing?