Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   I feel so bad for other HD riders not on a 114 fatbob.. :)p (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/1197194-i-feel-so-bad-for-other-hd-riders-not-on-a-114-fatbob-p.html)

- Elliott 10-04-2017 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by sectime (Post 16703789)
Just jealousy is my guess. Or they live to insult strangers on the internet, which now that I think about it, is jealousy mixed with some cowardliness :)

Wow man that was like 5 pages back! Lol, seems things have calmed down now as more people are coming around. I'm very much enjoying my bike and can't wait to get it set it up the way I want.

Gremski 10-07-2017 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by vuuduu21 (Post 16692881)
I just put a deposit down yesterday on a denim black 114 for 19060 + 800 freight and prep + tax n tags part of the deal was a $1600 gift card for the store of course they're getting it right back but I'm getting full stage 1, led signals front and back, swing arm mounted licence plate bracket, and a leather jacket for the price of a stock bike.
It didn't hurt that it was the last day of the month and quarter too. I got discounted prices from three of four dealers I went to. I don't think the fat bobs are selling well yet.

Vuuduu21, so far it appears you got a smokin' deal on your bike. I've been to one dealer so far and they are adding a huge mark up on this bike because it's in such a high demand. I've actually tried to get this price with the accessories you listed but I ended up walking out the door. I tried it with a different dealer via email and without success and with the same results - huge demand creating a mark up in price. I may have to wait a long time...

vuuduu21 10-07-2017 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gremski (Post 16711883)
Vuuduu21, so far it appears you got a smokin' deal on your bike. I've been to one dealer so far and they are adding a huge mark up on this bike because it's in such a high demand. I've actually tried to get this price with the accessories you listed but I ended up walking out the door. I tried it with a different dealer via email and without success and with the same results - huge demand creating a mark up in price. I may have to wait a long time...

I bet they are a hot commodity in SoCal. around here the hillbillies aren't biting so that works in my favor. they're stacking them up like cord wood at the dealers lol. Also riding season is almost over for us. might be a different story in spring.

Only issue is there's only one denim black 114 on the east coast so I have to wait for the MoCo to make more. Frankly I was shocked they moved off of MSRP pretty easy, and after the forth dealer (closest to home) I got the best deal.

I remember waiting 2 years for a black fatboy back in the '90's. that one was at full MSRP also.

Thingfish 10-07-2017 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gremski (Post 16711883)

One siting at the Santa Clarita dealer...not sure their wiggle room. Dark grey 114.

Maybe give them a call...

hattitude 10-07-2017 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by rleedeuce (Post 16702547)
The belief that YOUR bike is the BEST is proof that you really are getting a big kick out of the hobby.

Well said...

In the end, in spite of different likes/needs/wants/budgets/etc, isn't this really what all of us are after.....

:icon_drink:

Gremski 10-14-2017 11:16 AM

I put a deposit down on one, but won't ship until 10/23 and arrive until 10/31. Oh the wait..

imovelives 10-23-2017 09:16 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...680b9416e.jpeg

Nice bike. Did the same as you did. Bought the bike after the test ride. Yes I took a loss on my 2015 softail slim but thats not a loss when I get the bike I want. I work my ass off for my money and buy what I want because I work hard for it. Good for you. Post some pics of your new exhaust. Bassani is coming out with one in a few weeks. I have to find a way to get it delivered in California. Any thoughts? Also, what tuner are you going to get?

Dread 10-23-2017 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gremski (Post 16700533)
Hmm..that's the color I was thinking of getting (grey). The white reminds me of a motocross bike. Maybe it looks better in person? Hopefully the grey/green look isn't bad...

The Gremlin

Sorry to necro this comment, but I freakin love the industrial grey denim color the more I am around it. I was seriously considering the white, but decided to go with the grey. As Elliot mentioned earlier, it can take on a military grey/green/olive color under different lighting conditions, but I absolutely love that about the paint. In direct sunlight it is definitely flat grey, but in diffused or low lighting conditions it can take on a slight military green/olive hue.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...aa9fa97893.jpg

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...ee0cbb396c.jpg

You also mentioned stage I and II... My bike is currently in the HD shop to have the SE Stage II installed (SE torque cam, K&N for the stock ventilator, SE Street Cannons, and SE Pro Street Tuner). Something to note regarding the stock ventilator on the new 114 M8's, is that they have the same cast metal high flow backplate as the SE Ventilator. My dealer mistakenly added a SE ventilator backplate to my work order because he thought the backplate on the stock ventilator was plastic and not high flow. This question popped up in another thread started by DanBO18 titled "SE Stage II is prefect for me" where it was discussed in detail (with photos). I shared the info with my dealer, and he decided to have a look at my bike (it's in the shop waiting for the install tomorrow). A few minutes later he called back surprised that it was in fact a cast metal high flow back plate, and adjusted my work order to only include the K&N filter.

Cheers, and congrats on your new bike decision!

- Dread

ronaldrwl 10-24-2017 06:26 PM

Nice bike. enjoy it!
I will admit the exhaust pipes are growing on me. I hated them at first but they have their own look. I'm still not liking the head light and the too small tank.

badcooky 10-25-2017 01:33 AM

I can go much further on the small tank than I ever thought possible , even giving it the berries up and down the range !