Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Heritage with Brass Collection Bling

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 09:42 PM
smellsbad2
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2018 Heritage with Brass Collection Bling

Has anyone seen post or photos of HD Brass collection installed on a new Heritage? I think the Brass gas cap covers and grips would look great on the olive green and black or Anniversary Blue/Black. Any photos out there?
Thanks,

Old 01-13-2018, 01:17 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,273 Posts

Originally Posted by smellsbad2
Has anyone seen post or photos of HD Brass collection installed on a new Heritage? I think the Brass gas cap covers and grips would look great on the olive green and black or Anniversary Blue/Black. Any photos out there?
Thanks,
Not in any way an answer, as I don't have a Heritage, I have a Fat Bob. But in general to the Brass Collection -- they're aged brass and they come in different colors ranging from a goldish hue to a dark gray. I originally wanted a brass Derby cover on my Fat Bob to match the brass-ish exhaust pipe on the right side, but when I pulled the derby cover out of the box at the dealer, it was just in no way gold-ish.

In the end I ordered one anyway, and spent some time polishing it using Barkeepers Friend, and the result is just gorgeous. So this isn't what you were looking for (a Heritage) but this is a Brass Collection piece on a (muddy) 2018 Fat Bob.

The following 2 users liked this post by FatBob2018:
floggedout (01-13-2018), smellsbad2 (01-28-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 05:00 PM
smellsbad2
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the post, I love it, great contrast to the black, I wanted the Brass grips and matching fuel caps for my new Heritage but my dealer doesn’t have them as stock item and won’ Let me return them if I don’t like them after ordering them in.
I really need heated grips and HD doesn’t have a heated grip kit for the Brass. Bummer.

Old 01-13-2018, 06:30 PM
TeaRunner
Road Master
Received 212 Likes on 144 Posts

Just get a heat demon grip kit to go with them.

It doesn't have to come from HD.

That was my plan.

Last edited by TeaRunner; 01-13-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:11 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member

I looked at the Heat Demon grips, and can tell you that from what I saw, there may be some difficulty installing them. The video I watched showed sliding the heaters inside the handlebar. On my 2018, the handlebar ends aren't open; the right side is full of the throttle-by-wire and the left side had some sort of plug in it (perhaps a weight to reduce vibration, I don't know). Just saying -- you may want to verify with Heat Demon whether it'll work on a 2018.

Old 01-28-2018, 04:07 PM
Michael208
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by smellsbad2
Thanks,
First off...I know mine is not a Heritage...but this gives you an idea about HD Brass collection and other brass collections out there!!

I would shy away from the gas cap/fuel gauge in the brass collection! I have both. The fuel gauge does not sit all the way into the tank, it wants to ride up out of the hole, like there is back pressure on it. The dealership even looked at it and said that was the way it was. I have kept both on my bike, but would do something else if I had to start over. I bought some of the other brass collection, which to be honest, not overally impressed, these items are grossly over priced!! I can not even use the brass stem cover on my 2017 softail slim s, as it will not fit, yet Harley says that is the correct part! I bought my brass debry cover, timing cover and floorboads from http://www.choppergarageusa.com/ these are actually made and ship from Poland!! Before you question Poland, the HD Brass collection is also made in Poland!!! You get much better quality and real brass with Choppergarage! and can even go on Ebay and make lower offers than listed on their website! Items come in nice wooden boxes and well packaged!

HD Brass Fuel Gauge, can see how it will not sit flush!!

Last edited by Michael208; 01-28-2018 at 04:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
smellsbad2 (01-28-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 04:42 PM
Michael208
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
Not in any way an answer, as I don't have a Heritage, I have a Fat Bob. But in general to the Brass Collection -- they're aged brass and they come in different colors ranging from a goldish hue to a dark gray. I originally wanted a brass Derby cover on my Fat Bob to match the brass-ish exhaust pipe on the right side, but when I pulled the derby cover out of the box at the dealer, it was just in no way gold-ish.

In the end I ordered one anyway, and spent some time polishing it using Barkeepers Friend, and the result is just gorgeous. So this isn't what you were looking for (a Heritage) but this is a Brass Collection piece on a (muddy) 2018 Fat Bob.

Got mine from choppergarageusa...via their Ebay auction...offerred $100 and was accepted!! More original brass appearance

and better quality!

The following users liked this post:
smellsbad2 (01-28-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 09:12 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

The bikes look wicked man.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:09 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Michael208
Got mine from choppergarageusa...via their Ebay auction...offerred $100 and was accepted!! More original brass appearance
and better quality!
I saw theirs, and didn't like the design nearly as much, I think Harley hit it out of the park with their derby cover. But hey, to each his own, if you love it then that's all that matters, and I'm glad there are options out there. Those floorboards look great!

I can't see spending $120 on a Harley gas cap, especially when Low Brow Customs has like four different brass gas caps to choose from at like $50. Wish there were more brass accessories out there. I love the look of the brass on the Fat Bob, but there are some things I'm not sold on -- not giving up my ISO grips for solid brass grips, for example. But I'd love a solid brass shift linkage rod, and some brass rocker covers to replace the chrome. I ordered the axle nut covers and swingarm pivot bolt cover from Boardtracker; the 20% off made 'em reasonable enough in price.

Last edited by FatBob2018; 01-28-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:58 AM
Michael208
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
I saw theirs, and didn't like the design nearly as much, I think Harley hit it out of the park with their derby cover. But hey, to each his own, if you love it then that's all that matters, and I'm glad there are options out there. Those floorboards look great!

I can't see spending $120 on a Harley gas cap, especially when Low Brow Customs has like four different brass gas caps to choose from at like $50. Wish there were more brass accessories out there. I love the look of the brass on the Fat Bob, but there are some things I'm not sold on -- not giving up my ISO grips for solid brass grips, for example. But I'd love a solid brass shift linkage rod, and some brass rocker covers to replace the chrome. I ordered the axle nut covers and swingarm pivot bolt cover from Boardtracker; the 20% off made 'em reasonable enough in price.

I agree...the HD Brass gas cap is grossly overpriced!! but when your fuel gauge is built into one, I wanted to keep that and not just shove a blank cap in there. I seen the Low Brow Customs, but they do not sell the brass fuel gauge caps! I'm always searching for more brass as well! the shift linkage would be nice, let me know if you find a location for that!

Quick Reply: 2018 Heritage with Brass Collection Bling