Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   Slip-Ons for Sport Glide? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/1218323-slip-ons-for-sport-glide.html)

darkcustomflhcs 02-11-2018 10:32 PM

Slip-Ons for Sport Glide?

Wondering if anyone knows of any slip-ons for a 2018 Sports Glide?

Wmitz 02-12-2018 08:15 AM

I took a test ride on a sport glide at the dealer Friday, he said they have a muffler for it, so you might check the dealer for screaming canaries.

J_E_D 02-12-2018 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Wmitz (Post 17083279)
I took a test ride on a sport glide at the dealer Friday, he said they have a muffler for it, so you might check the dealer for screaming canaries.

After hearing some "Screaming" pipes, I'm gonna suggest that they are not quite that loud and are more at the "bickering vigorously in a raised voice" canary pipes.

I am not a fan of loud pipes at all, in fact I dislike them a lot but when someone shells out for loud pipes and gets very mellow pipes I can see how they might be unhappy.

EDIT:
The HD site doesn't list the SE Street Cannon pipes for the Street Glide.

Wmitz 02-12-2018 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by J_E_D (Post 17083305)
After hearing some "Screaming" pipes, I'm gonna suggest that they are not quite that loud and are more at the "bickering vigorously in a raised voice" canary pipes.

I am not a fan of loud pipes at all, in fact I dislike them a lot but when someone shells out for loud pipes and gets very mellow pipes I can see how they might be unhappy.

EDIT:
The HD site doesn't list the SE Street Cannon pipes for the Street Glide.

Didn’t get a chance to hear them, but with the cat in the headpipe almost any muffler won’t be really loud. Forgot to mention Tab Performance makes a muffler for the sport glide, someone mentioned that in an earlier post last week. They have a sound clip st the bottom of the page.

J_E_D 02-12-2018 08:46 AM

I'm seeing some stuff about Rhinehart slip-ons too.
It looks like the aftermarket is starting to get going for pipes.

rvkersh 02-12-2018 05:37 PM

I just installed the Tab Performance muffler on my Sportglide, I ordered the 2 1/2 baffle after talking with Tech support. They said the Zombie baffle was very loud. The baffle can be changed at any time without removing the muffler. It's just right, nice sound, with an aggressive note. I called tech because it was hard to tell the difference in volume from the sound bites on their site.

darkcustomflhcs 02-12-2018 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by rvkersh (Post 17085098)
I just installed the Tab Performance muffler on my Sportglide, I ordered the 2 1/2 baffle after talking with Tech support. They said the Zombie baffle was very loud. The baffle can be changed at any time without removing the muffler. It's just right, nice sound, with an aggressive note. I called tech because it was hard to tell the difference in volume from the sound bites on their site.

Thanks for this, my buddy with the Sports Glide will be stoked! He was looking at buy an entire exhaust from Bassani but I think he'll go for these. Did you need a muffler gasket and clamp from HD?

darkcustomflhcs 02-12-2018 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by J_E_D (Post 17083349)
I'm seeing some stuff about Rhinehart slip-ons too.
It looks like the aftermarket is starting to get going for pipes.

Yeah I ended up replacing my SE Street Cannons with Rineharts for my 2018 FLHCS 114 and they're about 12 dB louder with a much deeper note...love um!

rvkersh 02-13-2018 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by darkcustomflhcs (Post 17085517)
Thanks for this, my buddy with the Sports Glide will be stoked! He was looking at buy an entire exhaust from Bassani but I think he'll go for these. Did you need a muffler gasket and clamp from HD?

No gasket, muffler comes with the clamp. 15 minute job. I bought the chrome tip, stock heat shield.

Wmitz 02-13-2018 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by rvkersh (Post 17085098)

Quick question, local dealers say the cat is in the headpipe, hd website says it’s in the muffler, could you clarify which one, thanks.

rvkersh 02-14-2018 05:34 PM

The cat is in the inlet end of the muffler, there is a short approximately 6 in. long closed end baffle in the rear. The stock muffler is very restrictive. Before you change the muffler, hold your hand at the opening and rev the bike, then do that with new muffler. there is a huge difference in exhaust output.

Punisher2000 02-15-2018 08:48 PM

Hi, My 2018 Sports Glide was the actual bike that T.A.B. used to make their slip on prototype for this bike. I received the first one off the line and I have both of the baffles, the Zombie and the mild one. The Zombie is the way to go believe me. The zombie baffle is not as loud as I was told it would be. It sounds awesome and I love it but go for the Zombie baffle. You'll be glad you did. T.A.B. is an excellent company with the best customer service I have ever dealt with. I would recommend them to anyone.

Punisher2000 02-15-2018 08:51 PM

Definitely in the muffler, I have the stock muffler and on this bike it is in the slip on muffler. the big touring bikes have it in the head pipe by where the 2 pipes come together. I've gutted a few of them as well. Much easier to just change the slip on. Piece of cake.

rvkersh 02-16-2018 06:50 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Here are photos of the stock muffler and the Tab muffler. Look closely at the inlet and outlet of the stock muffler. I am going to order the zombie baffle, the 2 1/4 sounds good at 96db peak. The zombie has to be outrageous. It looks like the tip has a bead rolled end, but that is actually the thickness. This is a very high quality muffler.

davejo44 06-24-2018 08:19 PM

I just got back from the 2018 Iowa Rally (J&P Cycles) and I bought the Tab Performance slipons with the Zombie baffles and had them
installed on my 2018 FLHTK. Wow, that is all I can say . . . best sounding slipons I have ever heard with stock head pipe. I did nothing else, cat is still in place, just changed out the stock slipons to these and holy smoke. Great sound, great performance. Didn't seem like I gained or lost anything, but sound. No regrets.

Bratastic74552 01-04-2019 03:37 PM

Cobra and Rinehart

Cobra and Rinehart now have Slip on Mufflers for the Sport Glide!

Cobra Slip On Mufflers are on their website. https://cobrausa-vtwin.com/softailsr...usts/slip_ons/
Rinehart doesn't have theirs up yet because they just came out with them this month and haven't done the Photo Shoot. But they are $339.95 and you would have to call them to order them as of right now.

TizHD 04-03-2019 05:15 AM

Hi, has anyone installed the Rinehart slip-on on the FLSB?
I love it but, I'm afraid it makes too much noise
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...423e34181a.jpg

Ralibur 04-06-2019 12:18 PM

Hello, I just did a Stage 1 mod on my Sport Glide with the chrome Rinehart exhaust, SE Extreme Breather and SE Pro Tuner. I did one auto tune session and the bike is running pretty well with no decal popping. I really like the look of the bike with the Rinehart as it does not go all the way to the back of bike or past the rear tire. I like the low rumble at idle and look but that's about it.

Performance wise, my butt dyno tells me it does not have the same low end torque as with the stock pipe. The 107 M8 has plenty torque but I don't want to loose any after being used it.

Sound wise when riding the bike has a gurgle when shifting. Not totally obnoxious but was not there with the stock pipe. I have ridden it for a total of 2 hours, but after a 45 minute ride my head feels numb, even with foam ear plugs and a 3/4 face helmet. For others it may ok but not for me. I am definitely going to change them out, possibly with street cannons.

Jack S. 02-06-2020 02:17 PM

any input good or bad about the Rinehart 4" slip on muffler?

TizHD 02-14-2020 08:32 AM

Hi, I will be very sincere. I purchased the Rinehart exhaust by replacing the homologated SE and I can tell you that it is perfect. More aesthetically beautiful and excellent sound performance! It does not destroy your ears but, the sound does not cover the noises around during the journey. I left everything as standard, without changing filters or adding additional control units.

Lammy1000 08-21-2020 03:12 AM

Installed Rinehart muffler this spring on my 2020 Sport Glide. 5500 miles and they sound a bit mean with a lower pitch. Prior to install I looked through them and there was not a conventional baffle, only small obtrusions from the ID, seemingly no restriction to flow. Is this typical? I ask because at times they sound too loud and I even question if baffle was installed.