Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 FXSTC Turn signal issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 01:54 PM
kendq
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 FXSTC Turn signal issue

I have a 2007 FXSTC. Last year I replaced the Battery (it was a aftermarket one) and right away I noticed the left turn signal on the dash seemed to flicker with the vibrations (only when it wasn't turned on). today I noticed its doing it more and now the right side is starting to do it, and it also illuminates the actual blinkers just as a flickering, and seems more frequent with higher RPM's.. I pulled the seat looking for a rubbing wire or loose connection even tightened the battery terminals, then pulled the dash and they all look good. anyone have a idea were to look next? The bike has only 9,000 miles. Does anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram?

Thanks ahead for any help

KENDQ

Old 05-06-2018, 03:03 PM
kendq
Stage II

found it when they changed my paint set the harness was a little low in one spot and the tire rubbed thru a couple wires

Old 05-06-2018, 03:08 PM
Gbugatti
Stage I
Default SAME EXACT PROBLEM I have with my 2004 sportster 1200!

[QUOTE=kendq;17335034]I have a 2007 FXSTC. Last year I replaced the Battery (it was a aftermarket one) and right away I noticed the left turn signal on the dash seemed to flicker with the vibrations (only when it wasn't turned on). today I noticed its doing it more and now the right side is starting to do it, and it also illuminates the actual blinkers just as a flickering, and seems more frequent with higher RPM's.. I pulled the seat looking for a rubbing wire or loose connection even tightened the battery terminals, then pulled the dash and they all look good. anyone have a idea were to look next? The bike has only 9,000 miles. Does anyone have a copy of the wiring diagram?

Thanks ahead for any help

I put on ape hangers last year not a problem, then at the end of the season the right indicator light started flickering with the rpms of the engine. Now it stays fully lit or starts flickering! I’m pretty sure it has to do with the wires I ran it through the handlebars but I’m not hundred percent sure so I was wondering if anybody knows about this problem and could help us!