Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floorboards for Sport Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 09:45 AM
beardo
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I had them posted up in the classifieds and never got one single inquiry. Listed them on eBay and sold a couple days after listing. And to someone who has a Sport Glide.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:45 AM
Pragmatic
Club Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by beardo
I had them posted up in the classifieds and never got one single inquiry. Listed them on eBay and sold a couple days after listing. And to someone who has a Sport Glide.
Beardo, why did you sell them?

Old 01-28-2019, 10:03 PM
fjoh
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 25 Posts

I installed floorboards on my Sport Glide today.
It was one of the things I really wanted to do since the day I picked up the bike last August.
It was a very simple straight forward installation.
The most tidious part was to remive/ install the brake pedal, since the exhaust pipe is right there, getting in the way. (I was able to do it without messing with the exhaust pipe. But it was just hard to reach...and not much room for my hand/ fingers at all...)
I’m very happy with thf result of it.

Shifter side. Heel shifter added.

Old 01-29-2019, 07:43 AM
pigfoot63
Tourer
Received 81 Likes on 47 Posts

Just took my floor boards off my 18 Heritage and installed PegBoards . These may work great on the Sport Glide as they are very adjustable and offer the use of pegs also.
I have some pictures posted on the 2018 Heritage plus post.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:23 PM
Dominic Stremel
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportglide floorbards

Originally Posted by Littleclan
wondering if the Heritage parts worked? I am dying for boards on my sport glide. Is it 2018 Heritage parts?
Did you actually use the heritage parts? This topic seems to be all over the place. Has anyone tried the airflow rider floor board kit?

I would appreciate a few floorboard options that anyone knows will easily work with the bike.

Last edited by Dominic Stremel; 02-13-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:21 PM
fjoh
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by pigfoot63
Just took my floor boards off my 18 Heritage and installed PegBoards . These may work great on the Sport Glide as they are very adjustable and offer the use of pegs also.
I have some pictures posted on the 2018 Heritage plus post.
you’d have to have OEM floorboards brackets for the pegboards to mount to.
So if anyone with a sport glide to adapt ygr peg boards, you’d have to get the brackets from a dealer.

The following users liked this post:
Belloc42 (02-14-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 03:15 PM
Belloc42
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Dominic Stremel

Did you actually use the heritage parts? This topic seems to be all over the place. Has anyone tried the airflow rider floor board kit?

I would appreciate a few floorboard options that anyone knows will easily work with the bike.
It sure seems unavoidable that you have to buy the bracket and all associated hardware - that's the real (expensive) rub.

Well, just saw the Thrashin mini-floorboards. They don't look bad, mount to the peg bracket, but almost $400, damn...

Last edited by Belloc42; 02-14-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:22 PM
Belloc42
Tourer

From New Castle HD

Ended up just biting the bullet and ordering footboards (floorboards) from parts. Even though the Heritage and Fat Boy mounts are given separate part numbers when you look at the chrome versions on the HD site, and the Heritage ones look slightly shorter there, here they seem to be the same for both. I don't know. As far as I can tell, both should bolt on to the Sport Glide frame. Several of the parts are back ordered from HD and should come in toward the end of the month. The shifter and associated bits and the rear brake pedal should work, I think, so I didn't order them. All told, it was about $400, with brackets (mounts), footboard assemblies pins, screws, springs, clips, and shifter column. Footboard assemblies themselves are about $80, so you can get them new for what the used ones are being sold for. Mounts are about $75 apiece, shifter column thing about $40, I believe. Anyway, we'll see if it all works. I found the diagram useful, so thought I'd pass it along. Note that the part #'s for the Fat Boy footboard assemblies aren't given in the list for some reason, only the ones for the Heritage, not sure why. I kind of liked the Thrashin boards, but it costs the same as getting these bigger, more solid ones.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Parts1.pdf (37.6 KB, 259 views)

Last edited by Belloc42; 02-18-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:53 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 861 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Belloc42
From New Castle HD

Ended up just biting the bullet and ordering footboards (floorboards) from parts. Even though the Heritage and Fat Boy mounts are given separate part numbers when you look at the chrome versions on the HD site, and the Heritage ones look slightly shorter there, here they seem to be the same for both. I don't know. As far as I can tell, both should bolt on to the Sport Glide frame. Several of the parts are back ordered from HD and should come in toward the end of the month. The shifter and associated bits and the rear brake pedal should work, I think, so I didn't order them. All told, it was about $400, with brackets (mounts), footboard assemblies pins, screws, springs, clips, and shifter column. Footboard assemblies themselves are about $80, so you can get them new for what the used ones are being sold for. Mounts are about $75 apiece, shifter column thing about $40, I believe. Anyway, we'll see if it all works. I found the diagram useful, so thought I'd pass it along. Note that the part #'s for the Fat Boy footboard assemblies aren't given in the list for some reason, only the ones for the Heritage, not sure why. I kind of liked the Thrashin boards, but it costs the same as getting these bigger, more solid ones.
Thanks for the detail. Let us know how this turns out for you...especially with the brake pedal. I am on the fence between going down the floorboard route or just getting some mini boards that drop in in place of my pegs.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:02 PM
Belloc42
Tourer

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
Thanks for the detail. Let us know how this turns out for you...especially with the brake pedal. I am on the fence between going down the floorboard route or just getting some mini boards that drop in in place of my pegs.
Will do. Yeah, I went back and forth on it myself. I finally decided that if I was doing it for the widest range of leg positioning, I might as well go whole-hog, rather than half-***. The longest peg replacement was maybe 7" or so (and made me a little nervous, leverage-wise), and I wanted the length. I think it just comes down to that. For something shorter, a peg replacement makes a lot more sense.

Quick Reply: Floorboards for Sport Glide