Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any concerns or recalls etc for '07 Softails??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 04:03 AM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts
Default RE: Any concerns or recalls etc for '07 Softails??

I looked and saw my bike was built in July of last year (one year old ...today! only 1K on the clock though. workin on it ). Id LIKE to think that the remap was done,b ut I have an appointment for the 12th for my 1K... Ill just get my little laundry list together!

Old 07-01-2007, 12:28 PM
king809m
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just bought an '07 fxstc and have 159 miles on it. After driving for about thirty minutes or so, it will just shut down while driving. So far, I have been able to restart while still rolling. Anyone else have this problem? Or maybe be able to tell me what to do to resolve this issue without taking it to the dealer?

Old 07-01-2007, 12:37 PM
dg7080
Cruiser

6000 miles on my 07. Mine does not run hot, no trans noise, or any of the other issues I keep seiing folks post about....

King809m, what do you mean by "shutdown while driving"? You mean your riding along and the engine will just die while under power or does it die when you pull up to a stop and it's at idle? I know of one 07 that has died at idle several time, but it's rare and only happed 5 or 6 times in 6 months. Real random thing.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:45 PM
king809m
Stage III

The engine just shuts down while I'm driving. I can be doing 60 or 40. It's like I hit the kill switch but I haven't touched a thing. It usually takes a couple of seconds before I can restart, but after I do it will run fine. It has done this about seven or eight times in the past three days.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:49 PM
dg7080
Cruiser

King if thats the case, that scoot goes back to the dealer asap. They should fix that for you without delay and no BS from them on getn it fixed. Not even 200 miles on it...

Old 07-01-2007, 12:57 PM
king809m
Stage III

Will have to do that then. Thanks for your help dg.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Helix
Tourer

Man King get that bike back to the dealer asap! Mines never did that and I would be pissed if it did!

Old 07-02-2007, 01:23 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: ebeattie

I looked and saw my bike was built in July of last year (one year old ...today! only 1K on the clock though. workin on it ). Id LIKE to think that the remap was done,b ut I have an appointment for the 12th for my 1K... Ill just get my little laundry list together!
If you go to the HD web site,you can setit up with your bikes (model and VIN#)and your personal info and it will tell you right there if there areany outstanding recalls or upgrades that have not been done and should be on your bike. You can take a copy of that with you when you go to have the dealer 'fix' them for you.Just don't take anything it says as the last word. For some reason some people's bikes (like mine) didn't list the battery cable recall. But setting the accountup will let the company know where to send any future notices, mailings, and e-mails.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:30 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: dg7080

King if thats the case, that scoot goes back to the dealer asap. They should fix that for you without delay and no BS from them on getn it fixed. Not even 200 miles on it...
ORIGINAL: Helix

Man King get that bike back to the dealer asap! Mines never did that and I would be pissed if it did!
It shouldn't even be a question, get that bike back. You paid a LOT of money for a bike that's 'supposed' to be able to run all day and all night for weeks on end without a problem. Not something that's going to decorate the side of the road every so often just for the fun of it.
Get that sucker back ASAP!!! And don't take any crap from them. Make themPROVE its been fixed, and fixedproperly.

Good Luck and let us know how you make out and which dealer it was. Doesn't matter is youhave a good orbad experience with them, we would like to hear about it.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:36 AM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks for the heads up citoriplus, Ill do that now.

EDIT: I checked the HD website and could only find a page that recommended maintenance, not service bullitens/recalls/updates.

could you steer me in the right direction with a link?

Quick Reply: Any concerns or recalls etc for '07 Softails??