Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who sells a 21 inch front wheel with 25mm axle

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 08:11 PM
Man In Black
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Who sells a 21 inch front wheel with 25mm axle

I want to put a 21 inch wide glide style wheel on the front of my 2010 Heritage with a small fender and everything that I look at is for a 3/4 inch axle . I found a wheel that I liked at KC International Motorcycle Supply but it also has a 3/4 inch axle so I thought I could just swap out the bearings for 25mm but when I asked them they said you couldn't change the bearings in their wheels . I found on ebay a used 21 inch wheel that has 25 mm bearings and the guy said it came off of a 2007 Softail Custom , but it has rust so I guess what I should be looking for would be a nice used one or find a company that is selling new replacements . Anyone know of anything new or used ?

Last edited by Man In Black; 10-21-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:05 PM
chopzuk
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just posted some info

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/wheel...rossbones.html

Here's the 411:
"""First, I bought the 21x3.5" wheel off Egay from Jireh cycles. Part # 36-653. Black rim, chrome spokes, black hub. Paid $168.99 shipped. It is a 1" sealed bearing wheel, so you need to swap them for 3/4" bearings at 8.99$(x2), plus you will need the CORRECT tool (55$) to remove and install the sealed bearings... Youtube is NOT your friend here. Don't forget affirmation that the wheel spacer is correct for the new bearings, etc. Don't skimp here you cheap bastards!!!
OR, do what I did, spend 12.40$ shipped, and get a set of reducers that slide right into those new, correctly spaced, 1" bearings, that will now fit the 3/4" Crossbones axle.
Tire needed. I got a 120/70/21 Shinko 777HD tire from Chapperal. 84$ shipped. I have had great results running the 777 on multiple bikes. Choose what pleases you."""

Old 10-21-2019, 11:01 PM
Man In Black
Tourer

Originally Posted by chopzuk
I just posted some info

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/wheel...rossbones.html

Here's the 411:
"""First, I bought the 21x3.5" wheel off Egay from Jireh cycles. Part # 36-653. Black rim, chrome spokes, black hub. Paid $168.99 shipped. It is a 1" sealed bearing wheel, so you need to swap them for 3/4" bearings at 8.99$(x2), plus you will need the CORRECT tool (55$) to remove and install the sealed bearings... Youtube is NOT your friend here. Don't forget affirmation that the wheel spacer is correct for the new bearings, etc. Don't skimp here you cheap bastards!!!
OR, do what I did, spend 12.40$ shipped, and get a set of reducers that slide right into those new, correctly spaced, 1" bearings, that will now fit the 3/4" Crossbones axle.
Tire needed. I got a 120/70/21 Shinko 777HD tire from Chapperal. 84$ shipped. I have had great results running the 777 on multiple bikes. Choose what pleases you."""
That wouldn't help , I need a wheel with 25mm bearings. I have a 25mm axle which fits my lower fork legs .

Old 10-21-2019, 11:04 PM
Man In Black
Tourer

Would it be possible to use my stock Heritage hub and buy a new outer rim and new spokes . Will it lace up to the original hub ?

Old 10-22-2019, 10:16 AM
Toeslider
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Man In Black
I found a wheel that I liked at KC International Motorcycle Supply but it also has a 3/4 inch axle so I thought I could just swap out the bearings for 25mm but when I asked them they said you couldn't change the bearings in their wheels .
That doesn't make any sense to me. I've never heard of a wheel with bearings you can't change? Bearings are a wear item, so you have to be able to change them out at some point, and if they're sealed bearings chances are you can get the same diameter 25mm bearings. If they have taper bearings instead of sealed to begin with it becomes more complicated, so maybe that's what they are talking about?

The following users liked this post:
back again (10-23-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 11:53 AM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Call KC again and maybe the guy who changes the light bulbs there won't pickup and try to answer your question.

More than likely they don't want to be bothered changing bearings....

Mike
NY

Old 10-22-2019, 08:11 PM
chopzuk
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, thought me including the info on the bearing removal tool in my post would relay the fact you just need to swap out the bearings. Should have been more direct I guess?
So buy the wheel, from KC or Jireh or whoever and put whatever bearing you want in it, just make sure you check spacer fitment and don't assume the old spacer will be the correct length for the new bearings due to production tolerances on either.

Last edited by chopzuk; 10-22-2019 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-23-2019, 03:43 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,831 Likes on 2,137 Posts

NAPA will have bearing you need. if not in stock they will get them quickly. Your going to have to give them the info

Old 10-24-2019, 09:14 AM
ChopSticks
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by chopzuk
Sorry, thought me including the info on the bearing removal tool in my post would relay the fact you just need to swap out the bearings. Should have been more direct I guess?
So buy the wheel, from KC or Jireh or whoever and put whatever bearing you want in it, just make sure you check spacer fitment and don't assume the old spacer will be the correct length for the new bearings due to production tolerances on either.
What happens if old spacers do not fit? any recommendation on where to source new spacers?

Old 10-24-2019, 09:44 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,831 Likes on 2,137 Posts

J+P, Dennis Kirk,your local Indy

Quick Reply: Who sells a 21 inch front wheel with 25mm axle