Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Carlini Gangsters/carlini risers and Magnum Cables on cholo deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 08:52 AM
HudsonValley-DLUX
Advanced
Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts
Default New Carlini Gangsters/carlini risers and Magnum Cables on cholo deluxe

The following users liked this post:
Innigray (10-28-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 10:32 AM
Beaux
Road Warrior
Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

Nice work ....... did the same for a buddies Deluxe 3 years ago, always gets compliments!

The following users liked this post:
HudsonValley-DLUX (10-28-2019)
Old 10-28-2019, 10:21 AM
ChopSticks
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice, literally just did a very similar set up with tree huggers and I definitely feel your pain! Having to drop the exhaust is ridiculous just to get to the tranny cover, not to mention the retaining ring on the clutch pulley is ridiculously. In the future (if you ever decide to change bars again) for the internal wiring pick up a set of NAMZ extensions; save you the time needed to splice and solder, well worth the couple of bucks. Also to route inside I've found it's better to use a small hose rather trying to blow the wires through, then tape the new wires to the hose.

Just curious what brand wheels are you running? and where did you cop them from?

Old 10-28-2019, 10:47 AM
HudsonValley-DLUX
Advanced

Originally Posted by ChoppingTacos
Nice, literally just did a very similar set up with tree huggers and I definitely feel your pain! Having to drop the exhaust is ridiculous just to get to the tranny cover, not to mention the retaining ring on the clutch pulley is ridiculously. In the future (if you ever decide to change bars again) for the internal wiring pick up a set of NAMZ extensions; save you the time needed to splice and solder, well worth the couple of bucks. Also to route inside I've found it's better to use a small hose rather trying to blow the wires through, then tape the new wires to the hose.

Just curious what brand wheels are you running? and where did you cop them from?
Thanks for the tips, hopefully it's one and done. The wheels are DNA mammoth 52 fat spoke. Found them on Ebay from a dealer in California. If you're looking for custom stuff then Ride Wright wheels are probably your best bet.
Cheers

Old 10-28-2019, 12:28 PM
ChopSticks
Tourer

Originally Posted by HudsonValley-DLUX
Thanks for the tips, hopefully it's one and done. The wheels are DNA mammoth 52 fat spoke. Found them on Ebay from a dealer in California. If you're looking for custom stuff then Ride Wright wheels are probably your best bet.
Cheers
What pricing did you end up getting? I'm trying to source them now and everyone is all over the place. What did you end up running in the rear and was it hard to find tires?

Old 10-28-2019, 12:50 PM
HudsonValley-DLUX
Advanced

What pricing did you end up getting? I'm trying to source them now and everyone is all over the place. What did you end up running in the rear and was it hard to find tires?
It was a package deal, wheels + tires mounted and balanced. It was $1400 + about $100 shipping. The rear wheel is 16×3.5, front is 21x3.5 with Avon tires on both wheels. You just have to be careful with the other specifics, like abs or non abs. And especially careful with axle size.
Harley switched from 3/4 to 25mm (1inch) about 8ish years ago. Certain models took longer to make the switch and it can get a little confusing, but the info is out there.
If you decide to buy the tires separately they are very easy to find, Revzilla or JPcycles should carry what you need. But, there are plenty of vendors on Ebay that sell the package deals and they're pretty good about making sure the stuff you order will fit your bike.

Old 10-28-2019, 03:26 PM
ChopSticks
Tourer

I thought the 25mm =/= 1 inch? Cause I'm in the same situation (have '12 FB with 25mm) and the ones I've saw listed as 1" say they will not fit the 25mm also believe I saw it mentioned here on the forums somewhere. Is your setup 1in and/or 25mm?

As for tires, how do you like the Avons? I've been trying to source a 18" in 200mm but seems nearly impossible

Old 10-28-2019, 05:03 PM
HudsonValley-DLUX
Advanced

I thought the 25mm =/= 1 inch? Cause I'm in the same situation (have '12 FB with 25mm) and the ones I've saw listed as 1" say they will not fit the 25mm also believe I saw it mentioned here on the forums somewhere. Is your setup 1in and/or 25mm?

As for tires, how do you like the Avons? I've been trying to source a 18" in 200mm but seems nearly impossible
Okay, just want to clear this up because I'd hate to give wrong info on this forum. It was originally explained to me that they were the same, but after doing research just now it looks very clear that they are different. Your 2012 fat bob surely takes 25mm bearings.
That being said, the avon's are great. About 4k on them and zero issues. Very predictable tires, and I've had them in most kinds of weather.

Old 10-29-2019, 05:12 PM
Braaaappchaser
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Tires

18.5x5 rear wheel.
Shinko sells a tire to fit. I swear by shinkos, yea they dont last as long, but they are the best gripping tires even in rain that I have ever had