Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxiliary light for 07 FatBoy Question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:25 AM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Auxiliary light for 07 FatBoy Question(s)

G'day all,

Just about to order auxiliary lighting for my 07 fatboy. I think someone answered this for me a while back but I can find the post / thread. Does anybody know the difference between the "Deluxe auxiliary lighting kit" and the "auxiliary light kit for fatboy models" ? Do they both fit? I want to put a detachable windshield later on also.

The other question is... with whichever I choose, what else do I have to buy? Do you need to buy turn signals seperately? Bulbs, wiring, etc?

Thanks guys,
DeanO

Old 08-14-2007, 09:45 AM
camens
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Auxiliary light for 07 FatBoy Question(s)

I'm in the middle of my install and I have the deluxe kit, whichincludes the turn signal relocation and a new cover (behind the headlamp). The only item I had to purchase is the bulbs for the passing lamps (plus some other trim rings which will look better). Keep in mind that the nacelle doesn't fit with the deluxe kit.

Cam

Old 08-14-2007, 12:57 PM
NC Pirate
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deano,
I went with the deluxe kit, and the detachable windshield fits fine ......

Old 08-14-2007, 04:43 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Deluxe Kit will not work with a NACELLE kit
Regular AUX kit for 07 fatboy will not work with the backplate(stock) unless u wanna dent it(LOL) but will fit fine with a NACELLE kit
AUX kit for Fatboy the new one will fit with the stock backplate and fit with nacelle

I have the regular AUX kit, didnt have the NACELLE kit at time of instal and dented my stock backplate, I fixed that tho with tossing it and putting on the NACELLE

Old 08-14-2007, 08:16 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Steve,

Was a bit confused by all of that but basically if I don't want a nacelle, then the deluxe lighting kit is the way to go and will bolt straight up to what I have and will have everything I need except the bulbs right?

DeanO

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

Regular AUX kit for 07 fatboy will not work with the backplate(stock) unless u wanna dent it(LOL) but will fit fine with a NACELLE kit
AUX kit for Fatboy the new one will fit with the stock backplate and fit with nacelle

I have the regular AUX kit, didnt have the NACELLE kit at time of instal and dented my stock backplate, I fixed that tho with tossing it and putting on the NACELLE

Old 08-14-2007, 09:26 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone have a part number for this kit? I am looking at getting one and I want a kit that will do the following:

Fit with nacelle
Fit with detachable windshield (if I choose to get one)

vertigo14, what backplate are you referring to?

Old 08-14-2007, 11:20 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

Hah... ok if you never ever want a Nacelle.. then the deluxe light kit will work with the stock back plate you have on your bike now. (the back plate i am naming is the chrome deal that sits right behind the headlamp now.. you know what I mean now?

If you have an 07 fatboy (not sure on the 08s: ---Fits '00-later FLSTF and '06 FLST models.---) there is a new AUX light kit on the HD Internet catalog thing... that will fit with both the stock back plate and the nacelle
The NEW AUX kit for fatboy:
69287-07
I mean why not plan for an upgrade.. the deluxe one isn't that much different...

Yeah you will need the lamps as well... and T/S relocation kit if you go that route as well.
You can also get a kit that converts the PASSING lamps you are putting on to easy to replace bulb part only.. heh kit is 50 bucks a piece or such. But you will need the lamps themselves first

ORIGINAL: dmac1968

Hey Steve,

Was a bit confused by all of that but basically if I don't want a nacelle, then the deluxe lighting kit is the way to go and will bolt straight up to what I have and will have everything I need except the bulbs right?

DeanO

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

Old 08-14-2007, 11:25 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

the back plate i am naming is the chrome deal that sits right behind the headlamp now.. you know what I mean now?
gotcha, you're referring to the stock fork tins, right?
That's the part# I am planning to get.

thanks

Old 08-14-2007, 11:32 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

Yeah here: this is the AUX Lighting kit that will work with the stock chrome plate thats right behind the headlamp now(stock)
69287-07
Fits '00-later FLSTF and '06 FLST models.

When you decide to put on the nacelle kit.. after you put on the aux kit.. you can use the windshield I do from HD..
Low Profile, slightly smoked
58651-97A
or the:
Standard Hight one but its clear and be cut down:
58649-97A

Again both of the above windshields are quick detachable and for NACELLE KIT WITH AUX LIGHTING

ORIGINAL: WARG

Anyone have a part number for this kit? I am looking at getting one and I want a kit that will do the following:

Fit with nacelle
Fit with detachable windshield (if I choose to get one)

vertigo14, what backplate are you referring to?

Old 08-14-2007, 11:37 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

thanks, I like the smoked shield. I will add that to the ever growing wishlist.

Quick Reply: Auxiliary light for 07 FatBoy Question(s)