Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

samson cholos or other long fisttails

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 12:04 PM
69sport
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default samson cholos or other long fisttails

i saw a few pics on here from with the cholo samson pipes.. namely from rd62rdstr...https://www.hdforums.com/attachment.asp?m=1782576

anywho, i am wondering if anyone else has any other pics of bikes with these pipes. ..or any long fistails for that matter..

also, how muffled are they? im looking forsomething close to straight drag pipes.is there a company out there with straight pipe fistails for softails? im not liking the idea of buying $$ pipes just to drill out all the muffler...

thanks!!

Old 09-03-2007, 03:32 PM
rd62rdstr
Intermediate
Default RE: samson cholos or other long fisttails

The Cholo Tips are a great product with great fit and finish. I was looking for a set of pipes with removable mufflers and found out that Samson was not offering them this way this year. I relunctantly ordered them because I loved the looks. Upon receiving them I looked through them, and let me tell you, there is only enough muffler in their to satisfy Uncle Sam. You could see right down the middle of these things. We installed them and they sound great! My neighbor has an older set (shorter not Cholo Tips), he removed his mufflers, and his are only slightly louder. All in all I am very satisfied with this exhaust. They look as good as day one with no discoloration or problems. They were just released when I bought them. As a matter of fact, I had to tell the shop about them. We then contacted Samson to see if they were available yet and special ordered a set in. I would think by now they would be readily available at most shops. I've had them since January or February. Here are some pictures.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:34 PM
rd62rdstr
Intermediate

Old 09-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Nails
Cruiser

Damn, I love the look of those cholos. But, how the hell do you get in and out of driveway's and parking lots without dragging those things?

BTW these guys make some long-*** slip-ons. click "Products" and then "Fishtails" from the menu on the left http://www.tccbiker.com/

Old 09-03-2007, 09:08 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

interesting, but would catch me putting them on my bike.. or any bike

i cant stand riding behind someone with dual fishtails.. for some reason they resonate in my ear drums and they hurt

really loud shorties are no problem or open baffle drags.. don't hurt my ears.. wonder why fishtails do...

Old 09-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Those are the l o n g e s tpipes I've ever seen.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:53 AM
rd62rdstr
Intermediate

"Damn, I love the look of those cholos. But, how the hell do you get in and out of driveway's and parking lots without dragging those things?"

I am always real careful about hitting driveways, speedbumps at an angle. Luckily, as you can see in my pictures, I live on a corner. The sidewalk has handicap access on the corner so I can ride right up into my driveway. I still plan on lowering the rear 2", bought the Arlen Ness kit; but I have decided to use airbags instead.

Old 09-04-2007, 12:24 PM
crock921
Road Captain

i second the notion of these being the longest pipes I have ever seen. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to get in and out of some places.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:58 PM
69sport
Cruiser

SOOOOO SWEET. MAN THOSE ARE WHAT IM GOING FOR FOR SURE. THE MATCH OF THOSE AND APES IS WHAT IM PICTURING AS MY DREAM RIDE.MIGHT HAVE TO RE-LEVEL THE DRIVEWAY THOUGH.. THANKS FOR THE PICS.. WOULD LOVE TO SEE EM ON OTHERS PEOPLES RIDES TOO!

Old 09-05-2007, 05:13 PM
vonzipper
Cruiser

here you go buckaroo

Quick Reply: samson cholos or other long fisttails