Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Glide Front Fender mods, anyone ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 11:42 AM
Harleyboy Uk
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sport Glide Front Fender mods, anyone ??

I'm not overly happy with the standard front fender design. Yes it's a sports glide and I have fitted a extender to keep some of the crud off the bike, but I still find the bike covered. I would like a fender/mudguard that wraps a little more around the wheel/tyre so the crud stays more within the and drops out the bottom, like on my previous Road King. I'm based in UK and I've seen a item on the Motea website and they state a Craftride 21" item would fit and may need some mods to attach to the USD fork lowers. I've also seen something online via US which also has a bracket already made up etc. however $400+ is little steep at this time.

So has anyone fitted an alternative or have a solution, I am looking online and chatting with dealer etc. but thought I'd throw this out there in case someone has done the business. Just throwing it out there, cheers

Old 11-25-2022, 07:56 AM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,268 Likes on 932 Posts

So just to be clear, for anyone else reading this thread. Is the 'extender' you are referring to the Pyramid Extenda Fenda ?
https://pyramid-plastics.co.uk/produ...lide-flsb-2018

And with regard to the 'something online via the US' statement, is that the complete fender from Bagger Nation ?

https://baggernation.com/product/cus...-oem-18-steel/

Thanks for any clarification.

T.

Old 11-25-2022, 08:25 AM
VernDiesel
Road Captain
Received 319 Likes on 226 Posts

The bagger nation fender looks to be effective and custom. Between adding the Pyramid extender and changing to a different front tire tread pattern I know it throws a lot less water on my boots.

Old 11-26-2022, 06:11 AM
Madison Bill
Road Warrior

Received 1,027 Likes on 507 Posts

I decided to modify the manufacturer's oversite on the front of my 06 Deluxe. (To me the fender looked like a mullet haircut). So I installed a 21" with a wrapped fender and dropped it down close to the tire so it doesn't look like a dirt bike.
Now when I ride in the rain no matter how cold and wet I am, I'm always warm and dry.

The following users liked this post:
Tampa Fatboy (12-09-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 03:16 AM
Harleyboy Uk
Intermediate

Yes I believe it is the Bagger Nation one, I see they sell the adapter separately but again just too expensive for me at this time. Especially when I have to add shipping to Uk and import taxes etc. Just have to wash more often, no real hardship just when you turn up sometimes the crud detracts from the bikes looks etc.

Bike fairly new so tyre not ready for change yet but will consider, I’m also going to try and get a second hand fender and use the fitting section on another style of fender if it works I’ll post something.

cheers all

Old 12-09-2022, 02:28 AM
Harleyboy Uk
Intermediate

Hi it’s the whole fender size, the extender has helped keeping some of the crude off the bottom centre part of the bike. But the spray off the tyre flings off at the sides due to profile as the fender is actually narrower than the tyre width. Rather than keeping more contained to drain/drop off out of the bottom.

Last edited by Harleyboy Uk; 12-09-2022 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Missed a bit and spelling correction
Old 02-10-2023, 09:47 AM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,268 Likes on 932 Posts

I just sort of stumbled upon this. There may be a few options from China, but
you still have to figure in shipping & import taxes. You'll need to insure the
fitment will work as well...

Here's an example;

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803746846622.html

hth,

T.

Old 02-11-2023, 11:00 AM
Harleyboy Uk
Intermediate

Thanks WKNDS for link seen something similar on the Motea website, although this price is better starting point. Problem is getting it to fit, would need to come up with a revised fitting which is a given. I know Bagger Nation do an adaptor kit at about $350+ then shipping & taxes; or a kit plus fender at $658 + shipping and taxes my end just make this option non viable at the moment.
I'm considering getting the fender first then see what I can come up with or need and perhaps get a local engineering firm to make something. What ever happens I'll keep people posted.

Cheers