Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SO ****ING PISSED

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 02:29 PM
jkevn
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SO ****ING PISSED

Every person on this board has at least one thing in common, we all made a choice and spent a considerable amount of money on a motorcycle. Some people write a check and some of us finance for seven years and eat beenie-weenies trying to make payments. I got in a panic trying to get a Springer Classic when they first came out. I would have traded my Shovel for pennies, gave them my first born, anything. My dealer convinced me to calm down, the MOCO would make plenty. A few weeks later he found one, I bought it(MSRP).
When I go in the dealership they recognize me and treat me like a friend. I buy thier stuff and nobody else works on my bike.

It's all about the relationship with your dealer. If you're treated like a second class citizen buying a used car, you do not have the relationship that will bring you joy & happy time during your riding years.

Get your money and find a dealership that want to serve you as much as you want that bike. That 90 day warranty bs should finally be the straw that breaks you.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:31 PM
wuznme
Cruiser

Man..pass on this bike; it has been a f'n headache from the start. You have had a lot of patience which would tell meemotions are what's keeping you in this game.

Never make a purchase where emotions are involved, you will regret it.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:33 PM
grzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to be blunt but ask yourself this pls ! Are you going to enjoy:
1. handing over a chq to these *******
2. hopping on this particular bike and riding out the showroom
3. telling us in a months time that there is still problems with your damn swingarm ! ( because you aint goin to get any sympathy)

WELL ARE YA ?

ride safe ( on something else )

Old 02-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: deadduck357

the deal is set, my bank has already done everything except send them the check, i told them not to finalize till they made right. the meeting went the way everything else has so far, they said take the bike as is with 90 day warrant on motor or get to stepping so they can sellit tosomeone else.
That's what you should do. Let someone else deal with that piece of $#!+ bike and dealer, and go get yourself a Rocker at another dealer. It's better to wait and get a bike that's 100%, than to spend that kind of money for a bike with issues and a dealer you'll hate forever.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:07 PM
donk_316
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts

Get on the phone to MoCo!!!
I wouldnt buy a bike from THAT dealer ever! Its just a Rocker for Christs sake. Buy something better or find one somewhere else. OR wait 6 months for the fad to die and see 5 of them used with 600 miles on Ebay... lol

Old 02-07-2008, 03:20 PM
tchaffin
Advanced

They are full of sh.. on the 90 day engine warranty. Do you really think they are going to sell that bike, new off the floor, to anyone else with only a 90 day engine warranty? I call BS. I would go to HD corporate if I were you. It's my understanding if HD deos the work it's covered under the full warranty.

-Tom

Old 02-07-2008, 03:51 PM
beerguytx
Cruiser

If you buy that bike or any other from that dealership, with all due respect, you are a fool. 90 day warranty on a brand new power plant? Get the F*CK outta here. MOCO needs to know about their business practices and run out of business.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:55 PM
grzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you gotta start wondering whether this is legit. never heard so much nonsense bout a new bike pre delivery.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:58 PM
deluxxxe
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: jkevn

Every person on this board has at least one thing in common, we all made a choice and spent a considerable amount of money on a motorcycle. Some people write a check and some of us finance for seven years and eat beenie-weenies trying to make payments. I got in a panic trying to get a Springer Classic when they first came out. I would have traded my Shovel for pennies, gave them my first born, anything. My dealer convinced me to calm down, the MOCO would make plenty. A few weeks later he found one, I bought it(MSRP).
When I go in the dealership they recognize me and treat me like a friend. I buy thier stuff and nobody else works on my bike.

+1
It's all about the relationship with your dealer. If you're treated like a second class citizen buying a used car, you do not have the relationship that will bring you joy & happy time during your riding years.

Get your money and find a dealership that want to serve you as much as you want that bike. That 90 day warranty bs should finally be the straw that breaks you.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:29 PM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 159 Likes on 98 Posts
Default RE: SO F*CKING PISSED

if everyone appreciated the value of a dollar, nobody would have bought one of those pieces of **** in the first place! $20000 for a rocker? Yea, RIGHT!

Quick Reply: SO ****ING PISSED