Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian Winter Blues

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 08:49 PM
air_marshall
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Canadian Winter Blues

Got out today for the first time since late October, +10 in the sun but it was cool along Burrard Inlet. Then the starter packed it in at my last stop for fuel before heading home. :>( Got it started but it doesn't sound good so I hope I can get it fixed before the next nice day here in the Lower Mainland. (Anybody else been having starter problems on 07/08's?)

Old 02-17-2008, 09:27 PM
hewhohesit8s
Advanced

Stuck in Kitchener, sick and tired of this snow. Let it rain, let it rain. Man I can't wait for this white stuff to fly south or whatever it is it does in the summer.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:55 PM
captain m
Road Master

Not from Canada,Vermont,but the weather sucks just as bad.
Daytona 500 is over so that's a step in the right direction.Mid March would be good,mid Feb would be great!!!!!

Old 02-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Luxe
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Oooh yeah. Got out for 3hours today. Fingers got real cold, but managed to burn all the old fuel out of the bike, first fresh gas since November.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:41 AM
kato1964
Road Warrior

Signs ole Wiarton Willie may actually be right for a change. Warmed up considerably this weekend. Major arteries were almost passable. Even considered getting the plates renewed on the old Magna yesterday, and going for a boot yesterday. (still way too filthy for the Fat Boy...Magna is the beater bike...) I actually saw a fellow out on his Softail early this afternoon, as we were heading home from my son's soccer game. I got so excited just at the sight of it, I honked my horn, and game him the thumbs up. I could see him giving me the "who the fug are you?" look. I felt like a total schmuck. lol He was going by me at the intersection, and I'm sure couldn't see the small HD sticker on my side window. Winters like this are the reason teh wife and I have plans to do the snowbird thing, once we retire. Life's too short to spend half the year dreaming about riding!!

Old 02-18-2008, 12:48 AM
gunner065
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kato1964

Signs ole Wiarton Willie may actually be right for a change. Warmed up considerably this weekend. Major arteries were almost passable. Even considered getting the plates renewed on the old Magna yesterday, and going for a boot yesterday. (still way too filthy for the Fat Boy...Magna is the beater bike...) I actually saw a fellow out on his Softail early this afternoon, as we were heading home from my son's soccer game. I got so excited just at the sight of it, I honked my horn, and game him the thumbs up. I could see him giving me the "who the fug are you?" look. I felt like a total schmuck. lol He was going by me at the intersection, and I'm sure couldn't see the small HD sticker on my side window. Winters like this are the reason teh wife and I have plans to do the snowbird thing, once we retire. Life's too short to spend half the year dreaming about riding!!
How much time you got left? I have just under six for my twenty.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Classic Beast
Tourer

Kelowna BC. Was out for a ride to Vernon on Jan 3 was a bit wet but not too bad, now over in Algeria get back home on the 22nd and I hear it's riding season in Kelowna.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:13 PM
DpneThoo2
Advanced

Where are you in Vt Captain M?
I'm in St Albans. Today it is warm enough to ride, but I got a broken leg so I'm going to have to wait until the next warm day.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:53 PM
boyer911
Advanced

southern ontario has been pounded this year. i live in acton and i haven't seen this much snow in a long long time. whats worse is that i just bought an new xbones and i can't take her out for a spin. hopefully the rest of february and march fly by as i make plans for some mods. so for now i'm grinning and baring the long winter. afterall we are canadian...

Old 02-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Buffalo, NY here and I feel your pain.

Going to Daytona in two weeks, CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Canadian Winter Blues