Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Bothers me

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:44 AM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: This Bothers me

Some people just want to be able to say "Yeh, I own a Harley". Hey, it"s a free country right.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:51 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride
If I could afford it, I'd have Harleys as lawn ornaments too!
Hmmmm, Capt. America for a lawn ornament, not a bad idea. There is an indybike shop called Freebird Cycles down on Lyell Ave. inRochester, NY that has an old Pan head chopper with a really tall sissy bar and ape hangers (but otherwise incomplete) up on the roof as a sign.
But no I think it would be more fun toride the beast rather than trim the grass around it. Besides with my luck some snot nosed punk *** kid would steal it, crash it and sue me for havinga defective bike.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride
If I could afford it, I'd have Harleys as lawn ornaments too!
Hmmmm, Capt. America for a lawn ornament, not a bad idea. There is an indybike shop called Freebird Cycles down on Lyell Ave. inRochester, NY that has an old Pan head chopper with a really tall sissy bar and ape hangers (but otherwise incomplete) up on the roof as a sign.
But no I think it would be more fun toride the beast rather than trim the grass around it. Besides with my luck some snot nosed punk *** kid would steal it, crash it and sue me for havinga defective bike.
That gave me another idea.... Just strap a lawnmower blade to the side of it like a side car, and turn the bike into a lawnmower! The wife would never have to say, "I think you should go mow the yard today." Hell, I'd probably be out there with a ruler measuring the grass and lookin' for an excuse to mow.

Or somethin' like this...

Old 02-05-2008, 09:10 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Ok That's it, L2R you went too far this time, its nowobvious to all thatwinter, for us has dragged onWAY TOO LONG.
Where is Al Gore and his 'global warming' when we really need it.

BTW Where can I get one of those mowers? And can I get it in Black, w/silver metalflake ghost flames maybe? Better yet, do they makeasnow blower attachment for it?

Old 02-05-2008, 09:31 AM
whitebread_30
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear that! Come on summer, by the end of March I will be able to ride most days here in good ol' Japan.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:37 AM
captain m
Road Master

We got a guy in the next town over from us that leaves his kawahonyamasuki cruiserout all winter long.It sits there,no cover,no nothing,I don't even think it's chained,and it's only a few years old. Talk about a freakin' lawn ornament!!!! Maybe he ought to paint it pink!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Rooster6
Advanced

I have an old 74 Honda 350 I use for a lawn ornament. But I keep it behind the barn so noone can see it. LOL

Old 02-05-2008, 10:06 AM
captain m
Road Master

That's cool,my 67 scrambler is in the celler collecting dust.Maybe I should offer to help this guy push his bike behind the barn.Ya think he'd get offended?

Old 02-05-2008, 10:08 AM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: whitebread_30

Down the street from me a guy has a 06 FXST. He leaves it parkedoutside anduncovered. I have seen this bike move maybe 3 times in the last 8 months.Last week winter has set in and it has snowed twice, I can see the weather just beating this bike down, I fell so bad for the bike I want to just stop and put my extra cover on it. It is really none of my buisness but, it just downright bothers me. I waited so long to get my bike I cant imagine just leaving it outside to rust. Anyone out there feel me?
OMG!

I have had mine and my wife's in the living room! I couldn't let them sit out exposed!!! Atleast they could throw a cover on it, with old blankets and some sort of tarp!

If you could afford a Harley, you can afford a cover for it!!!!

[:@]

Old 02-05-2008, 10:44 AM
bcox
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

Where is Al Gore and his 'global warming' when we really need it.
It's in Philly this week. Mid 50's and 60's Most of this week. [8D]

Quick Reply: This Bothers me