Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 04:23 PM
beepo
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Cleaning Exhaust

ORIGINAL: imboden

Blue job http://www.blue-job.com/

I used to use the 0000 steel wool, & sorry dyna bob but I DID scratch my pipes with it. maybe the chrome on my pipes is a little thin, but there are definatley scratch marks on my lower pipe from the stuff. blue job works awsome, no dull and no scratch.
I recently bought a used pair of pipes off ebay for the heat shields. Blue-job did good work cleaning the chrome, but didn't come close to removing the blueing...

Old 03-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Vikingnomad
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try some Goof Off.....that stuff would get rid of herpies...LOL

Da Bone

Old 03-14-2008, 04:12 PM
duxsrus
Advanced

Bone Crusher called it on the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. My wife melted her boot all over my top muffler yesterday, how nice. So I got on here looking for suggestions and found this thread. I went with the Magic Eraser because I already had some and it wiped the burnt rubber off effortlessly. I did wipe the muffler down while it was still hot yesterday, which actually made it look worse because it just smeared everything around but thinned it out making it much easier to clean off today I'm sure[sm=smiley20.gif].

Old 03-14-2008, 11:00 PM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

We have a glass top stove. Tried the no scratch cleaner provided with the stove on my pipes ... works great !! You can buy it @ Home Depot for about $4.00, then the wife won't bitch 'cause you used her stuff

Old 03-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Archer1968
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

S.O.S. Pads (steel wool) works great i get the marks each time i give a ride, so i have lots of S.O.S. pads.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:04 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got good results with Easy Off oven cleaner after my father sat on my bike and melted his blue nylon pants on my exhaust. Warm up your bike a little, spray the oven cleaner on a clean white rag and then wipe the stuff off your pipes. Don’t spray it directly on the pipes, as any overspray that contacts the paint will eat the paint. Then after everything is clean and has cooled down, use your normal polish to brighten them back up. The picture below shows how my pipes came out after I cleaned up all the melted nylon form my father's pants.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:15 PM
spikehyre
Road Master

ORIGINAL: duxsrus

Bone Crusher called it on the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. My wife melted her boot all over my top muffler yesterday, how nice. So I got on here looking for suggestions and found this thread. I went with the Magic Eraser because I already had some and it wiped the burnt rubber off effortlessly. I did wipe the muffler down while it was still hot yesterday, which actually made it look worse because it just smeared everything around but thinned it out making it much easier to clean off today I'm sure[sm=smiley20.gif].
Looks like you are running Rush mufflers. If you don't put the OEM heat shield back on your wife after two or three rides will just walk in circles to the right with no heel on the right boot.