Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gloves??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 09:01 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Gloves??

I wear them for the comfort and the grip. They also have save a finger or 2 when one of those big Texas bugs hit you.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Sarge4life
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear gloves to help fight hand fatigue and sweat. They also come in handy when it gets chilly.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:16 PM
jglasgow110
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are most of you wearing leather gloves or the more race type glove with the armor on the fingers and knuckles? Rhubarb...are those gloves hot in the summer?

Old 03-30-2008, 09:22 PM
grzly
Road Master

the full gloves with insulation and armour can be a bit tricky to feel the controls ... stalled the bike one morning as I moved out into the traffic andfound that the bike then refused to start ....was looking pretty grim for me until I looked down and saw that I was busy pressingthe wrong switch with my thumb.[:@]

Old 03-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They are no hotter than the fully perforated basic leather gloves they replaced that had no armor, padding, or lining. I have no discomfort even well into the 100's from the gloves (jacket and engine heat are another matter). I wear these year round and now with heated grips, I have no discomfort down into the hgh teens.

The ventilation works well. I tried on a lot of gloves... weeks worth of going to every shop I could find before picking these.
There were many that fit well and had good armor but were too flashy.

I hate things on my hands, and these fit so well I hardly notice they are there.
They also have a velcro cinch on either side of the wrist to prevent them coming off during unintentional dismounts.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:33 PM
biskit
Advanced

I always wear some type of gloves. Just got a new pair of deer skin gauntlets from Fox Creek Leathers. Haven't rode with em yet but they feel great. And Fox Creek was great to deal with. First pair were a little small so I called and they shipped/exchanged a larger size right away.

http://www.foxcreekleather.com

Old 03-30-2008, 09:43 PM
jglasgow110
Tourer

I've been looking at these gloves from Fox Creek http://www.foxcreekleather.com/127.htmlThey are supposed to be top notch. The big guy on the little bike, Rhubarb, also has me really looking at the ones he wears...they have good reviews also.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:53 PM
chillman9
Advanced

On a trip or a long ride I'll wear a full fingered glove. I have a Harley Davidson brand that has an air vent that can be opened on the top of the hand in the warm weather. but i have fingerless gloves for city driving. lets more air to the hands and in a fall it's instinct to raise the fingers and break your fall with the palm of the hand. thats where you want your protection in a glove.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:53 PM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 159 Likes on 98 Posts

ORIGINAL: jglasgow110

OK, I'm curious...How many of you wear gloves when you ride. Hands are usually the first thing that hits the pavement and a 60MPH skid on the hands can really do them it. If you wear gloves...what kind do you recommend?
no need for gloves. if you go down at 60, you won't be sliding on your hands for long.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,772 Likes on 779 Posts

I usually wear full gauntlet gloves. But when it's really hot, I'll wear fingerless or none at all.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Quick Reply: Gloves??