Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:33 PM
souljah
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Helmet

its a sad world when we have to ask these questions the real question is why did brave men fight so we could be free only to feel unsafe at home in my day i would rather get ran over by an 18 wheeler than get cought taking a bikers lid ... my advice do what ever lets you enjoy your malt and then ride her like she is stolen all the way home

Old 04-18-2008, 01:42 PM
jefnightrain
Tourer

I just leave mine on the bike with the sticker on the back that says: Property of the Head Lice Institute

Old 04-18-2008, 01:55 PM
grzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

back in my ricer days I had a real nice helmet stolen that was put on the helmet lock ( it was torn off the strap so was then useless to the thief ) with the harley I just put my crappy helmet beside the bike ...it aint worth much and i don't worry. On the other hand my missus has a very expensive full face which depending on situation will bring with us ... i like the idea of a small bike lock mentioned above.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:32 PM
wdg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i lock mine in saddle bags most of the time

Old 04-18-2008, 02:37 PM
flash1034
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

The only helmets that get ripped off are the 600-800 dollar full face Arai and Shoei helmets.

Flash

Old 04-18-2008, 10:13 PM
2ontheroad
Intermediate

Most of the time I'm riding without, but when needed, I will usually just set it there on the seat, most people will not mess with it.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Korbenw7p3c
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been thinking of this very recently. Me and a bud are going to the all Harley Drags in St. Louis on Sunday and I've already made mental plans to take a combo lock to run through the D ring and to the rear brake pedal. I hate to do this "chore" but since I've already had a helmet taken at a local pub long ago, ever since I don't trust 'em. I hate that too. Now, I'm dreading to have to carry my leather with me on a 74 degree day. I've got leather bags- small HD ones, and the coat will fit in one, but dang, one just never knows. Many a guy wears an XL-T you know. I bet my bud says screw it and stuffs his leathers and walks. Bock, bock, bock.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:56 AM
Vikingnomad
Road Captain

I either leave mine hanging from the frontbrake lever or take it with meand I would think that anyone who steals a helmet whethercut from a lock orjusthanging on a bike ISN'T a rider/biker and is just a jealous a-hole...

Bone

Old 04-19-2008, 08:16 AM
voodoochild
Cruiser

I'm a little surprised no one suggested this HD helmet lock

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com...met-Lock-1.htm

I've ridden for about 30 years now and never locked up a helmet. Never had one stolen either.
My gf bought a new deluxe recently and brought home the lock above for her bike. It goes on real easy and you can even hook a coat on there if you want to. Its like a 5 minute install and costs 20 bucks. No worries.

Its funny, we both ride with "illegal" beanies that only cost 20 bucks each but we are up here in ontario canada and cant buy a replacement here without heading down to daytona or ordering one over the net. So we worry more about having our cheapy helmets stolen than our legal ones.

Anyways, cheers and happy trails.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:28 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I am also glad I read this thread...I don't lock mine up...but that's my choice....however I had a "I could have had a V8 moment" when I read about hanging my 3/4 coverage on rear brake pedal instead of sissy bar or mirror or highside grip. More secure and less inviting.

Now..about those fingerless gloves... John

[IMG]local://upfiles/20872/14B9723B8623429B840CC828AE43CCAC.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Helmet