Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry guys.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:44 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Sorry guys.......

I was looking for an 08 Heritage or Road King this year, but when they started doing the numbers for trade, taxes, title, etc. It seemed like I was not getting much for my Softail. I realized I could not part with it (as I do feel that connection with it). So I went out and bought a 03 Road King that needed some attention for a decent price.

Two different worlds riding each one.

Comfort: I say for at least 100 miles they are equal, than the RK wins after that.

Handling: The RK wins that in both ride and cornering.

Performance: both 88 stock motors, both have V&H pipes, Big sucker air cleaners and PCIII's. But the Softail will blow the RK away in a race, and roll on acceleration.

Fun Factor: The Softail Is definately my choice riding one up and to just go cruiseing.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride

So don't worry. I'm not gonna become one of "them".
[sm=goodidea.gif]....don't become one of "us".

Congrats on the new RKC and welcome to the Touring Section! There's a thread over "there" called Turning a Classic into a 'Classic'...don't open it unless you want to see lots of cool stuff that you'll just need to have foryour new bike.

BTW, get a set of the Wild 1 508's ASAP...you won't regret buying them.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:29 PM
born2run01
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, the seat on your new RK Classic looks more comfortable than my leather recliner :-) Is that the stock seat?

Old 04-20-2008, 01:40 PM
ecoli
Cruiser

Hey, you should DEFINITELY have the bond with your bike that you are talking about. It's not like you went to a metric or God, a Goldwing. You made a good choice. Your softy was nice and your RK is nice and I'm sure you'll do great things with it. I'm not getting rid of my softy but my next and second bike will be a police RK. No hard feelings from me. CONGRATS!

Old 04-20-2008, 01:56 PM
darkman
Outstanding HDF Member

[sm=yikesomg.gif], [sm=itsok.gif]. Enjoy your new toy!!!

Old 04-20-2008, 04:08 PM
BoneCrusher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats dude that is an awesome new ride.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Whiskers

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride

So don't worry. I'm not gonna become one of "them".
[sm=goodidea.gif]....don't become one of "us".

Congrats on the new RKC and welcome to the Touring Section! There's a thread over "there" called Turning a Classic into a 'Classic'...don't open it unless you want to see lots of cool stuff that you'll just need to have foryour new bike.

BTW, get a set of the Wild 1 508's ASAP...you won't regret buying them.
Damn it. Now I'm gonna have to take a look at that thread. I just got the bike, and this place is already gonna spend more of my money. I was gonna go with apes, but after some more lookin', the Wild 1 508's are on the list. Just got back from the dealer a little bit ago to get a price quote on a few parts. The bars were listed. I'll probably have pipes and bars done within a couple weeks.

BTW....Very nice bike you have there. I really like that color combo.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: born2run01

Wow, the seat on your new RK Classic looks more comfortable than my leather recliner :-) Is that the stock seat?
Yep. It's the stock seat. I was just tellin' my wife that it doesn't feel any different than sittin' on the leather sofa at the house. That seat is really comfortable.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: ecoli

Hey, you should DEFINITELY have the bond with your bike that you are talking about. It's not like you went to a metric or God, a Goldwing. You made a good choice. Your softy was nice and your RK is nice and I'm sure you'll do great things with it. I'm not getting rid of my softy but my next and second bike will be a police RK. No hard feelings from me. CONGRATS!
Thanks, man. I already feel a better connection with this bike than I did my Custom. I really wish the Custom would have connected with me, but it just didn't. If this stock Road King can connect more with me than that Custom did with money in it, I know I made the right decision. I can only imagine how much I'll love the RK after I put some more money in it to make it my own.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:04 PM
fishpro
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice bike, I like the color.

Quick Reply: Sorry guys.......