Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines shortshots

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 08:35 AM
lucospock
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance and Hines shortshots

Hi to all, I'd be interested to install the vance and hines short shots on my night train, I am just curious to know if those pipes are much louder compared to stock, I'm not a huge fan of "too loud" pipes and really don't want my neighbours to hate for this.
Thanks a lot!

Old 07-11-2008, 08:46 AM
mulch63
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Vance and Hines shortshots

I'd say&nbsp\\;they are a good bit louder but not obnoxious loud. I would say you can keep them a bit quite lugging out of town. The sound is good..... PS my neighbors have kids and haven't said anything when I leave in the morning.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
jim

Old 07-11-2008, 12:45 PM
lucospock
Tourer

Thanks for your answer, that's exactly the one I am getting, mulch63! Nike bike, BTW...

Old 07-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Old Texas Gringo
Advanced

The problem with short shots is they are very loud to your ears as they stop almost in line with your body. I have the loud baffles in mine and they gave me a headache until I lost some hearing in my right ear. I had my bike dyno tuned twice and it still pops quite a bit on deceleration. The stealer said the popping was probably due to the loud baffels. Do not let anyone kid you they are hard on your ears.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 07-11-2008, 12:59 PM
bfreesun
Road Warrior

I've got them on my Cross Bones and they're much quieter with the quiet baffles than the S&S slip ons I had before. Great sound IMHO

Old 07-11-2008, 01:09 PM
ratatude
Cruiser

I also have them on my cross bones.... have ordered the quiet baffles

Old 07-11-2008, 01:33 PM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my deuce and they are definitely loud.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I have no baffles in them.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I do try to be a good neighbor by&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;keeping the noise down in&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;residential areas.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

Trending Topics

Old 07-11-2008, 03:16 PM
SB03
2nd Gear

i've got what was called the bigshots at the time,i don't if they&nbsp\\;make mine anymore or what but i haven't seen them listed&nbsp\\; as such for awhile.they're&nbsp\\;slightly longer than yours&nbsp\\;and &nbsp\\;"THEY ARE LOUD"!! LOUD ON THE GAS,FEEDBACK WHEN YOU SHIFT,AND NASTY,GURGLING,POPPING GOING DOWN HILL OR COMING OFF THE GAS...I LOVE'EM!!&nbsp\\;KEEP IN MIND I HAVE NO BAFFLES IN THEM.&nbsp\\; THEY ARE THE SECOND PAIR I'VE OWNED AND SEVERAL OF MY BUDDIES SAY THEY ARE THE LOUDEST THEY'VE HEARD ON A STOCK BIKE.(03 FXST)..GOING TO STURGIS&nbsp\\;NO ONE WOULD STAY BEHIND ME AND ANOTHER FRIEND WHO HAS THE LONGSHOTS W/OUT BAFFLES.I DO MANaGE TO GET OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY WITHOUT WAKING MY WIFE THOUGH,YOU JUST TAKE IT EASY.....

Old 07-11-2008, 04:23 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have an 06 Springer (88) with Short Shots on.&nbsp\\; Its about as loud as my wife's 07 Deuce (96) running Big Radius.&nbsp\\; Both are definitely louder than stock but should not get you in trouble unless you blip the throttle a lot or are one of those people that winds out the gears and drives it hard all the time.&nbsp\\; They can be plenty loud if you really twist the throttle but for the most part they are ok.&nbsp\\; As loud as you want them to be I guess.

I have a SERT but have not had the bike Dyno'd yet.&nbsp\\; I can get it pretty darn close in my driveway\\; at least close enough that its not worth spending Dyno dollars on it.&nbsp\\; I'm using a slightly modded Stage I canned map.&nbsp\\; I had some decel popping but I made a few minor changes to the map and all the poppoing is gone.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-11-2008, 05:13 PM
jumporjerkoff
Tourer

i have them with quiet baffles...not really quiet, if you know what i mean, but you would not be disapointed.............

Quick Reply: Vance and Hines shortshots