Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom painted Crossbones

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:44 AM
SikRyd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just don't see the appeal in the crossbones, especially that one. The seat and pillion pad look funny. Not to mention the front end looks like it is standing straight up. SOMETHING, just doesn't look right with it, I just can't put my finger on exactly why I don't find any appeal in the Crossbones. Maybe its just me!

Old 10-09-2008, 10:01 AM
White Guy
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, it's probably just you.. lol..

Originally Posted by SikRyd
I just don't see the appeal in the crossbones, especially that one. The seat and pillion pad look funny. Not to mention the front end looks like it is standing straight up. SOMETHING, just doesn't look right with it, I just can't put my finger on exactly why I don't find any appeal in the Crossbones. Maybe its just me!

Old 10-09-2008, 10:46 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SikRyd
Maybe its just me!
Undoubtedly, but that's the beauty of a Harley. There's a perfect one for everyone, and if the dealer can't get you what you REALLY want. There's always the accessories catalogs from the MOCO and a few hundred other's that have nearly anything anyone could ever want to turn a stock factory bike into your own personal fantasy ride.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:56 PM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HDChloe
I have a customed painted Cross Bones. It is the paint job found on page 213 of the 2009 HD catalog (also page 717). It is the custom grind collection, alpha. I pick it back up from the dealer tommorrow, but I seen it today; it looks much better in person than it does on the page!!!

I thought it fit the Cross Bones' style very nicely. Simple look, old school idea, blah blah blah. I f@#k'n love it!

I planned on getting some photos of the stick this weekend and putting them up here. Oh ya, spending $2k on a paint set you can only see one picture of was a pretty nerve-racking experience.

I can understand your nervous feeling about buying a paint set only going by a pic from the Harley website or a pic in a catalog. I am dieing to see pics of you Grind set HDChloe.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:06 PM
WarBootie
Tourer

That definately looks sweet. I dig the straight mat black, which is what i bought. Too each their own. But i am having a good time hiding the monies from the wife just piecing a little at a time. ****, 140 for black flamed levers.. (this morning.).

gootttta love it. that sure was a good looking paint job.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:10 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain

SikRyd: If you don't like the Cross Bones you are my sworn enemy. Or, perhaps I am pleased because fewer will be on the road. I think the second one is more likely. Man, I am just busting your chain! I do agree it is probably a bike you either really like or don't. Obviously we agree to disagree.

I posted pics in another post of my custom paint job for my Cross Bones.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:49 AM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Citoriplus
I think that particular paint job might look better on a Nightrain or Custom, but its just my opinion.
As for the cost I have never heard of that outfit before. But 'Assuming' they do a decent job on it the price ($2850) seems fairly reasonable when you consider it also includes all new factory (not aftermarket replacement or exchange) sheet metal.

If you don't HAVE to have a black Bones I think this paint job might be a bit more 'fitting'.

http://www.vividdragon.com/product.p...cat=250&page=2
I have to agree. The cartoon style airbrush just didn't do it for me.

The bomber paint job like the one in the link you posted would be wild as hell on a cross bones. Definitely fits that old school theme.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Phatts
Cruiser

PSDJ52 - I know this thread is a lil old but I decided to go with Vivid Dragon to paint a grim reaper scheme on my 08 Rocker-C. I should have it in a couple of weeks and the bike back together within in 3 weeks. Shadd is outstanding to work with and is very talented. I don't think I will have any regrets going with Vivid Dragon to paint my tins.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:05 PM
SpyderTB
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sick paint job man.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:25 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They came out with the bones to attract a younger crowd, I can't figure out why mostly us old guys like it.

Last edited by GymRat523; 11-05-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Custom painted Crossbones