Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLSTN and Auxiliary Running Light/Brake Light/Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 03:04 PM
evil_monster
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazybastid83
I use the biketronics version, where it is not a running light. When you hit the brake, then it lights up with the brake light. It also has a turn signal function. Very noticeable when you hit the brakes.
I looked at the biketronics site. I'd have to honestly say i'd not purchase anything from them. There's no way to tell what product is for what bike. Besides, the run/stop/turn version from customdynamics is $64.95 plus about $8.50 hipping. Only about $6 more than the cheapest one i saw from biketronics

Old 02-08-2009, 11:46 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts

Ive rode behind my sons duece at night and it could use more lights, That is the reason I installed the harley rear light kit. It sure helps to be seen...

Old 01-11-2011, 09:10 AM
dgp575
6th Gear
Default By-passing Running Lights

Does anyone know how you can by-pass the running lights I have the same issue I feel the running light are to close to the same as brakes and look like your brakes are always on I followed a fix that was posted on a forum on my wifes 05'Deluxe and worked Great gives that extra BRIGHT glow when braking but when followed the same fix on My Electra Glide Classic nothing changed, I am hoping someone knows of the rewire diagram so I don't have to trash this Modulator and by a set of the " Bright *** Lights" which are definetely bright but also $200.00

Ride Safe & Have Fun

Old 01-11-2011, 09:22 AM
doghair
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dgp575
Does anyone know how you can by-pass the running lights I have the same issue I feel the running light are to close to the same as brakes and look like your brakes are always on I followed a fix that was posted on a forum on my wifes 05'Deluxe and worked Great gives that extra BRIGHT glow when braking but when followed the same fix on My Electra Glide Classic nothing changed, I am hoping someone knows of the rewire diagram so I don't have to trash this Modulator and by a set of the " Bright *** Lights" which are definetely bright but also $200.00

Ride Safe & Have Fun
I know what you mean, people kept telling me my brake lights were stuck on.

I got generic chrome white eBay 1156 bulbs and they match the brightness of the taillight both when running or braking. Eight dollar five minute solution.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:02 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Im runnin Custom Dynamics led cluster, red color, in the rear with smoked lenses with a r/t/b module and their is lots of contrast between running lights and brake and turns.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:30 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I did it on mine

Old 01-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Rockyriver
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is the link to when I did mine.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-pictures.html
It really made the back of the bike brighter at night.
However the Tombstone LED light from Kuryakyn does not improve brightness in the day, only at night. But the turn signal-brake light-park light combo are very bright, in the day and night.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:06 AM
flh80
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing I don't like about the kit, is the running lights are brighter than the Tailight itself and the bulbs get super hot, they almost look as though the brakes are on all the time. You almost need smaller bulbs.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:05 AM
dgp575
6th Gear

I altered the HD turn run brake module for my wides 05 Deluxe because of the same reason several other riders thought her brake lights where stuck so I elimated run lights so now turn signal lights work only as brake and turn and it really makes a huge difference

Old 07-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Dissociative
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I AM DOING THIS ASAP....there is a better solution for you guys...

here..

Originally Posted by billsantos
Looks like you got the same HD conversion turn signal kit l I got.. I found the clear red lenses were way to bright compared to the diffused lens of the brake light..All 3 bulbs were the standard 28 (or 24) watt dual filiment 1157's, so i replaced the turn signal bulbs with 18 watt 1157's. Still a little to bright for me and went to the 12 watt 1157's.. perfect match at night but the 18 watt weren't a bad match... I could not find direct pop in fit diffused lenses for the turn signals. $3 for 2 bulbs was a deal...

Quick Reply: FLSTN and Auxiliary Running Light/Brake Light/Turn Signal Conversion Kit