Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker w/ Heartland E-Z Rock-R conversion pics?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Rail
Road Master

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Same as Oldschool... I used the progressive 422's... They're adjustable from stock to 2" lowered.. I slammed mine as far as I could.. They lowered my seat height almost 2 1/4"... Kit bolts up pretty easily... I used the stock lights rather than the Heartland lights.. I wanted black instead of chrome plus I liked the bigger diameter for visability.. I got the Heartbreaker (24") fender but I almost got the 20" Wildheart... If I had planned to make this strictly a solo ride I would have gone with the Wildheart.. If you plan to ride 2 up their struts are kick *** in that they're notched to accept their 2up seat.. It goes on in about 2 seconds.. I'm still in sticker shock at the Heartland price and I still don't believe the price is that great for what yo get but I will say, it was the right move for the look I wanted in the bike.. Bottom line... I'm glad I bought it..

Side mount plate I got off ebay... Got the base mount for about $35 and got the LED plate frame for about $25.. Powder coated the mount and painted the LED frame when I painted the tins and other parts..

Last edited by Rail; 11-17-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:05 AM
fatusboyus
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

very informative post, thanks rail

so there's no issues with lowering it that far? (2")....no scraping of the pegs?

i guess then if you re-use your stock turn sigs, there's no cutting of anything, and the kit is then a true bolt on easy peesy deal then...

did you get it from the heartland site itself? i'm thinking its $1999 for the kit direct from them

Originally Posted by Rail
Same as Oldschool... I used the progressive 422's... They're adjustable from stock to 2" lowered.. I slammed mine as far as I could.. They lowered my seat height almost 2 1/4"... Kit bolts up pretty easily... I used the stock lights rather than the Heartland lights.. I wanted black instead of chrome plus I liked the bigger diameter for visability.. I got the Heartbreaker (24") fender but I almost got the 20" Wildheart... If I had planned to make this strictly a solo ride I would have gone with the Wildheart.. If you plan to ride 2 up their struts are kick *** in that they're notched to accept their 2up seat.. It goes on in about 2 seconds.. I'm still in sticker shock at the Heartland price and I still don't believe the price is that great for what yo get but I will say, it was the right move for the look I wanted in the bike.. Bottom line... I'm glad I bought it..

Side mount plate I got off ebay... Got the base mount for about $35 and got the LED plate frame for about $25.. Powder coated the mount and painted the LED frame when I painted the tins and other parts..

Old 11-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Rail
Road Master

Originally Posted by fatusboyus
very informative post, thanks rail

so there's no issues with lowering it that far? (2")....no scraping of the pegs?

I guess then if you re-use your stock turn sigs, there's no cutting or anything, and the kit is then a true bolt on easy peesy deal then...

did you get it from the heartland site itself? i'm thinking its $1999 for the kit direct from them
Now I never said there weren't any issues with lowing it that far.. lol.. Sometimes if I'm not really thinking about it I can drag a peg, a primary or a pipe.. lol.. Believe it or not I scrape that big 2-1 pipe more often than the pegs.. It's on the bottom though and you can't see it.. I look at scrapes as "character marks".. lol

As for additional cutting or drilling; I did drill an extra hole on each side at the light mounts to run the wire through.. Gave it a cleaner look IMO.. Lonny threw in the light mounts so I used their's to drop them down and mount.. Got the wire routing sheath from HD to run the wires under the fender.. Marty F on here has the kit as well and I think his guys tried 2 different fenders because they had to do some slight cutting on the lower rock guards during fitment.. I didn't have that issue..

I paid retail direct from them but I think there are other dealers out there (and on here) that can give some discounts.. I didn't know that at the time.. Heartland doesn't like to dicount these big ticket items however Lonny is willing to work with you on smaller items.. You can lookk at previous threads started by me and you'll find one asking about Heartland dealers on here... There are several reponses with different names..

Old 05-05-2009, 10:01 PM
monsterlis5
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

would be interested in knowing how comfortable the conversion is to ride? I am quite pleased with the stock seat from a comfort perspective, but it looks crap!

In addition, does the conversion change the seating position, i.e. are the arms more stretched to reach the handle bars?

Appreciate your response - am seriously considering the conversion, but am not sure yet 100%.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:12 PM
MartyF
Cruiser

Monsterlis5,

During the Heartland conversion on my Rocker, I was also concerned about how it might change the seating position. I originally thought it might place me too far from the handlebars. However, after it was completed, the reach to the handlebars and pegs remained just about the same as stock. The seating position was also much more comfortable because the center of gravity is lower. I feel like I'm riding in the bike instead of on it from stock. Additionally, There is a quick disconnect two-up passenger seat with backrest from Heartland that easily attaches to the new struts. Solo riding when you want it or you can change in less than a minute for a passenger or storing capability.

I lowered the bike 2 inches with Progressive 422's along with a smaller bump-stop. After fine tuning the preload of the shocks the ride is good.

Bottom line, I think you will pleased with the Heartland EZ Rocker conversion.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Rail
Road Master

Everything Marty said.. In fact he was the reason I did the conversion to mine and went with the Progressive 422's as well.. You'll like the conversion once you get past the price tag..

Old 05-06-2009, 02:29 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here's some of mine

Old 05-06-2009, 05:14 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I love your bike RebelRocker ! It looks amazing !

Old 05-06-2009, 05:21 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jaysonL
I love your bike RebelRocker ! It looks amazing !
thanks brother...this past winter was a long one...but it did give me more time to come up with some mods

Old 05-06-2009, 06:19 PM
BLK08ROCKERC
Road Captain

Here is mine just after I finished it. I have since chromed the hand controls(looks much better) and relocated the turn sigs to the forks.

As far as the ride, I used the Arnott Air ride. This was the best mod I did to the bike. I just got back from the Thunder beach ralley which was a 5 hour ride and I had no problems with comfort.

Quick Reply: Rocker w/ Heartland E-Z Rock-R conversion pics?