Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freaking winter sucks...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 02:21 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i feel for ya. but just this week here in iowa.below O monday snow storm tuesday.now we got a ice storm coming in on thursday. with aleast half of inch of ice and snow on top of that. would you care to trade for a few weeks?if i put in to words how i feel right now. i would more and likely get throwed of the forum.but each day is one day closer to the next ride.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:30 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Get a Harley snowmobile

Old 12-17-2008, 04:36 PM
softail04
Road Master

Originally Posted by f ecstasy
I did a few laps around town last Thurs. Sun. & yesterday it snowed and we now have a foot of global warming on the ground and a projected low of 8 tonight and spring is a looonnng way away.
still waiting for our promised global warming here in the san diego area also..48 degrees and raining. snow level down to 2000 feet and that is only a couple miles away
I hate cold..

Old 12-17-2008, 05:04 PM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OK, so we have snow here just today as well......

Old 12-18-2008, 04:56 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts

I don't know how you southern guys stand it. You have to wash your bike almost year round where as I just get to dust mine off from Dec to April... ha
I sure does gets Harley fever during those months.. Those who can keep riding ENJOY but think about us in the north who would love to be able to.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:19 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Here in western NY I haven't been on the bike in nearly 2 months. Between all the rain, snow, ice and just plain cold its been miserable for riding since around Halloween.
Makes you want to pray for a little of Gore's infamous global warming so the poor bike doesn't feel neglected.

WARG, glad your wife is OK. My son got t-boned by a lady who ran a stop sign Tuesday with his nine month old daughter in the back seat. I thought I was going to have to bail him out of jail when I heard about it, big kid, short temper. If he hadn't been preoccupied with the baby I have NO doubt he would have gotten out on his own and probably done something stupid like beating the hell out of the other driver.
He's a little banged up and bruised from it, but fortunately the baby came through it unharmed.
Ya gotta love those big assed fancy car seats they have today.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:32 AM
Romey
Cruiser

warg & citoriplus-Glad your family members are all ok after the accidents.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:10 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Romey
warg & citoriplus-Glad your family members are all ok after the accidents.
Thanks, this is about the worst time of year for really bad things to happen to anyone's family. I can handle a totaled car, been there done that.
But I'm not sure the wife (gandma) would be able to deal with a hurt kid or grand daughter a week before Christmas.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:19 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

And I think it's cold here at 42*. It rarely gets this cold here. I ahve a beanie and jacket on in my house. Still got apartments for rent. C'mon down. Supposed to be 60* this weekend again.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Boo67
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 84FXST
Any of you seen the weather in Southern NH and Northern Mass. We are in a state of emergency because of an ice storm that came through on Thursday night, still about 250,000 without power. Everyone I work with still has no power and a lot of the schools are being used for shelters, so they have closed until Jan 5 2009. Anyone in our area let me know if you need any help. If there is anything I can do I will try.
My brother lives in NH and was without power for 3 days...he was one of the LUCKY ones. My bro-in-law works for the power co. and hasn't been home in a week. Here in W. Ma. some of the schools are still closed...AND we are expecting another foot of snow tomorrow...
So, people with 50* "winters" don't know what winter is.

Quick Reply: Freaking winter sucks...